X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guess the amp

NO CHEATING..no lookie at link

Thanks to some dude over on HC for this DABLUES
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: guess the amp

Nice tone, real nice.
    Last edited by ErikH; 10-01-2005, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I cant get it to work
      Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
      Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
      Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
      Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
      Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

GAHHHH..Edit your post! peeps will readi it!
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I fixed it.

Comment

It dosen't sound like a vintage amp at all,But the player has the vintage feel
            in his hands. So if that's just Guitar-cord-Amp ? I'm hearing the gain stages
            of a modern amp with reverb. So that narrow's it down a bit. But it could be
            anything.
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
              It dosen't sound like a vintage amp at all,But the player has the vintage feel
              in his hands. So if that's just Guitar-cord-Amp ? I'm hearing the gain stages
              of a modern amp with reverb. So that narrow's it down a bit. But it could be
              anything.
              GOOD EAR!

I'll post the answer tomorrow for those who can't tell from the link title.

Comment

I saw the link title by accident... I wouldnt have guessed that! I was thinking tubescreamer
                7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

I wouldn't have guessed it either. It's def a modern tube amp sound like KMC said,as the gain is so "tight" unlike a plexi or metal face or even an 800.

That's a Marshall TSL combo: Lead channel with the gain backed off to about a 1/3,none of that scoop switch crap, etc.

There is nothing shabby about that tone IMO. It's def got a modded 800 or soldano type vibe. I've been searching the net for DSL/TSL clips and reading up on how guys tweak em for more classic tones, and many clips sound like crap for sure, but if ya tweak these things the right way, you can get some great tones out of them it seems. I've played a couple of both sev months to a year ago and was like "eh..they are OK"...but I must admit I didn't spend a ton of time with them.

And the fellow has some good chops for sure.

Comment

The TSL's get a bad press, but I think it's because you've got to spend a bit more time dialing in the tones. A lot of people want to just plug in, get a good sound, a quick tweak and away you go. There are some stunning tones on the TSL's, you've just got to be a bit patient and be prepared to experiment.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
                    X