Send and return socket questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send and return socket questions

I was wondering if you guys could explain to me how send and recieve sockets work when you want to do something like using another external preamp, and just skipping the internal preamp, basically muting the pre-amp. Or something l if I can put my guitar through my ds-2 and use that just as a pre-amp to my power amp section in my amp? Another thing I want to know is which sockets I can just plug/unplug a cable in whenever I want on standby, on, or off.
    Last edited by greendy123; 10-05-2005, 04:10 PM.
    Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
    Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
    Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
    Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
    Fender Frontman 15g
    Cry Baby
    Boss DS-2
    Boss CE-3
    Danelectro Wasabi

Re: Send and return socket questions

bump
    Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
    Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
    Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
    Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
    Fender Frontman 15g
    Cry Baby
    Boss DS-2
    Boss CE-3
    Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Hi there.

If you want to use an external pre-amp (Marshall JMP1 for example) and use the power amp section of a head, what you have to do is plug you guitar into the external pre-amp 1st and then plug an output from the pre-amp into the FX Return of your amp head. This should 'mute' the amp's pre-amp and just allow you to use the power amp section of your head.

As far as un/plugging cables in while an amps in stand by, you should ALWAYS have a cable plugged from the amp to the cabinet while the amp is switched on! I think the others are ok to plug in/out while the amps in standby

Craig

Comment

What Craig said.

Especially the part about DON'T switch your tube amp on without speakers connected, and DON'T unplug the speakers while the amp is switched on.

Comment

Working...
        X