Traynor ycv50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor ycv50

whatdo you people think...i think its a very versitile amp...and i will be buying one.

Re: Traynor ycv50

Ah, another addition to the YCV50 family. Congrats!
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

I know I love mine. The amp itself is extremely versatile but sometimes I feel like the Vintage 30 holds me back. It's great when you want that British grind but having a couple 112 cabs with different speakers to mix and match would be nice.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Believe it or not, I started on drums. Then I decided to become a musician.

Comment

I've heard nothing but great things about this amp.

CoachC

Comment

Originally posted by mnbaseball91
          I know I love mine. The amp itself is extremely versatile but sometimes I feel like the Vintage 30 holds me back. It's great when you want that British grind but having a couple 112 cabs with different speakers to mix and match would be nice.
          The Eminence Legend V12 really smoothed out the harshness I was experiencing with the Vintage 30. Also, music123 has the new Eminence Man-O-War speaker for $59.99. I've read Doug Roccaforte at Roccaforte Amps raving about it at The Gear Page where I sometimes read threads.
          Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Yeah, I've been looking at the Eminence line. My two problems with the V12, which was the first thing I looked into are that a) I still like the Vintage 30 for some things, and b) if I was going to change the speaker, I might want something more American like the Eminence Texas Heat. I may just build a 112 cab (or even a 210) and experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by mnbaseball91
              Yeah, I've been looking at the Eminence line. My two problems with the V12, which was the first thing I looked into are that a) I still like the Vintage 30 for some things, and b) if I was going to change the speaker, I might want something more American like the Eminence Texas Heat. I may just build a 112 cab (or even a 210) and experiment.
              I had the V12 sitting in a box from another amp I had and sold so I figured I'd try it in the 50. I'm happy with the sound of it but I must admit, I've been lurking around for info on the rest of the Eminence line. That feeling that while it sounds great, maybe one of the other speakers would sound even better!

Man, there are alot of Eminence's to choose from! I, too am considering the Texas Heats along with the Wizard, Tonespotter, Swamp Thang, Tonker, and Man-O-War. Choices, choices.

Comment

How are the cleans on the Blue, Steve?
                Originally posted by Kanye West
                Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I had a YCV40..Traynor is definitely a company worth doing business with! Very good quality amplifiers for the money, and a customer service you wouldn't believe!

I had an early one, with the plastic thick sticker logo..well it fell off so they sent me a metal logo for free to screw on the face...then I had a capacitor blow (it was my fault, bad tube)...so they sent me a new capacitor (an exact replacement!) for free, and then when someone stole the package off my porch (UPS just left it there...and someone stole my capacitor..they probably still don't know what it was for)...they sent me another one! Gotta love a company that really stands behind their products.
                  Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                  It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                  Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
                    How are the cleans on the Blue, Steve?
                    Phenomenal. I've never heard such sweet cleans from an EL34 amp. Even with the darkest of pickups, hit the bright switch and you immediatly sound nice and jangly (is jangly even a word?). If you've ever heard Slash's clean tone on Fall to Pieces, it's quite similar to that.

Comment

Working...
                    X