No announcement yet.

Ever change the speaker in a combo amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever change the speaker in a combo amp?

So....I'm looking to switch the speaker in my Rivera Chubster 40 from the stock speaker to a V30. Upon inspection it appears the screws actually come in thru the front. Unless there's some trick I'm missing, I have to remove the mesh...which doesn't present a problem. However, I can see putting it back posing an issue.

Any tricks anyone might know of?
    PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
    PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
    GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
    Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
    Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
    various pedals

Re: Ever change the speaker in a combo amp?

Originally posted by chcjunior
    So....I'm looking to switch the speaker in my Rivera Chubster 40 from the stock speaker to a V30. Upon inspection it appears the screws actually come in thru the front. Unless there's some trick I'm missing, I have to remove the mesh...which doesn't present a problem. However, I can see putting it back posing an issue.

Any tricks anyone might know of?
    "Normally" you just remove the nuts at the rear of the speaker,install the new speaker,reinstall the nuts...The screws should stay within the cab and hopefully not turn on you?
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
    X