Line 6XT LIVE question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6XT LIVE question

I heard that these new Line 6 Live pedalboards are the first of the Line 6 modelers that have been designed to go in front of a guitar amp? Is this true and would they work well in front of my Peavey Classic 30 or 50's clean channel? My POD 2.2 sounds like dung infront of a tube amp but sounds great direct of course... But i'm interested in this Live board if it will work with a real guitar amp.

Thanks

WhoFan

Re: Line 6XT LIVE question

Originally posted by WhoFan
    I heard that these new Line 6 Live pedalboards are the first of the Line 6 modelers that have been designed to go in front of a guitar amp? Is this true and would they work well in front of my Peavey Classic 30 or 50's clean channel? My POD 2.2 sounds like dung infront of a tube amp but sounds great direct of course... But i'm interested in this Live board if it will work with a real guitar amp.

Thanks

WhoFan
    Works excellent through the front of my Chubster. It has a seperate EQ for dialing in to the front of a combo, stack, or through the loop of the amp using it as a slave...once ya get it right, just make sure the cab sims are on (but the mics are OFF), and have a ball

That said, I ordered an Atomic for mine cos it's just a waste to run it through a $1400 "boutique" amp.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

oh and....

Once ya get some volume on it (TV level)...it sounds really, really good...Stack in a box....the 800 model is quite good as is the Soldano , JTM45 and Hi_Watt. Haven't tried anything but those and the plexis (which need more volume to get the chunk and low end of a real plexi). Haven't cranked it but with the right amp, I'm sure it would be fine at high volume.

I'm a tone snob, and for the $ and for home/practice this is a damn good setup. If I was gigging I'd prolly just go with a tube amp and a couple of stompers just cos I COULD. But for low/moderate volumes, it's perfect and sounds much better than a tube amp that is not working the power amp section.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

As far as I know, they're basically the PodXT bean with the FX Junkie model pack built in a floorboard shape. The circuit and the software are identical. I don't know about the 2.2, but it will sound pretty much the same as an XT bean into your amp, and as you may know I had a great deal of difficulty with that. Your experience may vary though.

I would recommend running it into the FX return on your amp instead of the input, but go with whatever sounds best to you.
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing
          As far as I know, they're basically the PodXT bean with the FX Junkie model pack built in a floorboard shape. The circuit and the software are identical. I don't know about the 2.2, but it will sound pretty much the same as an XT bean into your amp, and as you may know I had a great deal of difficulty with that. Your experience may vary though.

I would recommend running it into the FX return on your amp instead of the input, but go with whatever sounds best to you.
          It's got it's a new seperate EQ system just for plugging into amps, unlike the POD XT. That's the reason I went with the XTL over the XT and a shortboard.

You can download the manual for free and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
            It's got it's a new seperate EQ system just for plugging into amps, unlike the POD XT. That's the reason I went with the XTL over the XT and a shortboard.

You can download the manual for free and check it out.
            I didn't know that ... neato.

My XT is either on my desk running into a mixing console/studio monitors, or in my Atomic, so the XTL wouldn't be what I want. I also have the shortboard.
            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing
              I didn't know that ... neato.

My XT is either on my desk running into a mixing console/studio monitors, or in my Atomic, so the XTL wouldn't be what I want. I also have the shortboard.
              I've got an Atomic on the way...just go "studio direct" with the XTL instead of using the "combo/stack/loop" EQ section on it. I emailed them and the owner got back to me real quick w/ answers and sent me a PDF of the owner's manual. Come to find out, they are about 20 minutes from my work! Asked me to let him know if I wanted to do some Beta-testing from time to time for them! Pretty Cool! (I've actually gotta email him back about that)

Comment

Thanks guys! The XT Live sounds like it is pretty cool! Better pick myself one up soon... Tough part will be what to trade in to get it... I am low on funds and i made a pack with myself if i want to buy more gear i should unload some of the cheaper stuff i never use anymore to help pay for it.

I have been wanting something like this XT Live for ages..... Not just for the Hiwatt patch being a Who fan and all.... I also love guys like David Gilmour and Alex Lifeson and to be able to set up a bunch of patchs that sound close to there sound would be killer. I like multiFX units but i have been hating the fact that most of them these days are not menat for the front end of a real amp...... My Classic 30 and Classic 50 amps have a loud clear sound on the clean channel that should work well with the XT Live....

Thanks again
                WhoFan

Comment

PS i may wait until xmas to get one of these things... see what santa brings this year

Comment

Working...
                  X