Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater TOL 100...

Hey guys,
    I just bought a Pre-Rocktron Egnater TOL 100 hand built by Bruce online for $1300. Ill admit ive never played an Egnater before but I bought it anyways because for the price I got it at im sure I could make all of the money back on Ebay if i dont like it. Anyways Ive heard good things, but im curious what any of you guys know about these amps. Any info would be much appreciated. From the sound clips the overdrive sounded kinda like a gained up Marshall but thicker and darker overall.
    EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Re: Egnater TOL 100...

I have a buddy who was a dealer for Egnater. Great sounding amps, but he had a ton of reliability issues with them and dropped the line. That doesn't mean that your amp will have problems, though. Sounds like you bought it cheap enough to get out of it if you need to bail.
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

bruce's son plays in a local band in my area...he uses an egnater, and i know of at least several occasions where his amp has crapped out on him during a show. whether there are reliability issues with the amps or if it's just pure chance, i couldn't tell you. but they do sound pretty darn good.
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
      mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

That kinda sucks, well i guess ill have to wait and see...
        EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

Working...
        X