orange amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orange amps?

could someone please explain the relationships between orange, black, green, and maytamp amps? are they seperate companies?
    Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Re: orange amps?

Right-o.

Heres the abridged version. Many moons ago, Orange and Matamp were the same company. Then in the 60s they split up. You then had Ornage making Orange amps, and Matamp making Black, Green etc. Orange amps are only orange. The rest are Matamp.

Matamp have recently re-vamped their range, and have stopped the high wattage GTL models, (the classic stoner amp), and another company with the old GTL enthusiasts has sprung up building those amps for the stoner rock market basically.

Thats the basics of it, but the whole story should be on Matamp.co.uk i think.

Rich
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

then i think theres matamp usa?
      Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70
        That would be ELECTRIC amps, and matamp no longer sells "GREEN" amps. They did so because they didn't want to be associated with stoner rock,which i think was a foolish move because alot of matamps players/users are stoner rockers.
        Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
        Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

what exactly is a "stoner rocker"
          '90 Gibson Les Paul Studio, '96 Jackson DR2, '98 MIM Fender Strat, '05 Ibanez RG7321, '07 Squier 51, '04 ESP LTD B-105

Comment

Originally posted by nahfuten
            Stoner Rock(I hate that name) Is a genre let's say of hard rock. Alot of the bands have a Sabbath type vibe, but DEFINATLY aren't copying anything. I'm not the greatest at explaining things, maybe Kyuss_Rock can help you out.

Some Examples of stoner rock bands are: Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Nebula, Dozer, and many, many more. Those are just a few "well known" stoner rock bands.
            Here is the best site for reasources, or bands www.stonerrock.com

Comment

Originally posted by newking70
              matamps are all made in the UK, but there is a matamp distributon company in the USA.

'stoner rock' is a crap term, its just widley accepted one, like 'grunge'.

Stoner rock is basically heavy, groovy, pretty retro rock and roll. These days it seems to be evolving into darker, more epic and sinister territorry, which is no bad thing in my book. Bands like High on Fire, Mastadon and Pelican are bringing the genre into the mainstream. QOTSA are an evolution of the stoner thing, these days they have a lot more pop influences, but in a good way. The seminal stoner band are Kyuss, who kinda kickstarted the new movment, and influenced people in many many genres. The closest mainstream band to stoner was probably the early Soundgarden records. Heavy, groovy, psycadelic, and slower than alot of the heavy stuff around at the time.

For more information on the whole thing check out stonerrock.com some awesome bands on there. Knowlegable forum members too.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by nahfuten
                Travel back down the metal family tree to Black Sabbath. Instead of proceeding forward into the stuff that became hair metal, take a right turn and go into down tuned fuzzed out heavy riff rock. Kyuss, QOTSA (with Nick please, not without...), Sleep's Holy Mountain, High on Fire, Fu Manchu, Nebula, Electric Wizard, Bad Wizard, Men of P*rn, YOB, and a host of others.

You can check out a free track or two from most of these bands on the mp3 jukebox at stonerrock.com. Click the pulldown window to view tracks by band.

K_R hit it re the skinny on Orange, Matamp and Electric Amps.

Comment

hmm, various definitions of stoner rock and not one reference to pot. Are you guys trying to hide something?
                  Originally posted by Jolly
                  ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

^Yup, and you'll never find it!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Man I've got the munchies!!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
                        hmm, various definitions of stoner rock and not one reference to pot. Are you guys trying to hide something?
                        Yeah, I hate pot.

Comment

Heres the abridged version. Many moons ago, Orange and Matamp were the same company. Then in the 60s they split up. You then had Ornage making Orange amps, and Matamp making Black, Green etc. Orange amps are only orange. The rest are Matamp.
                          I've seen a few black Oranges. Only cabinets now that I think of it. A guy in town has one and Jimmy Page used to have one in the early 70s. There was also an Orange Matamp from 72-74 made especially for Jimmy Page that just sold a few years back.
                          *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                          Originally posted by Slash2987
                          Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                          Originally posted by PVFan
                          I'm a good sex man.
                          Originally posted by Grumpy
                          I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Yeah, I hate pot.
                            As do I.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
                              I quit years ago because it wasn't fun anymore. But...

One of the funniest things I've seen on stage recently was Bongzilla, a Matamp weilding stonerrock band. All of them are on stage sound checking. Guitarist on the left pulls a pipe out of his pocket, turns around to smoke it and hands the pipe and the lighter with his hand toward the audience so we will not see him pass the pipe to the drummer. Who does the same thing, complete with feeble attempt to cover it up. Bassist does the same. Let's hear it for subtlety.

Comment

Working...
                              X