Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR double shot

Anyone tried it ?

How's the review from the board of honour users ?

Thanks
    Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
    Gibson 1959 reissue
    Gibson 1960 reissue
    Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Re: MXR double shot

I played one in a shop and thought it sounded like poo...I would go with a DS-1 if you want some dirt like that.
    G&L Tribute S500
    Fender MIM Stratocaster
    VFE Fiery Red Horse, DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, VFE Blueprint, DD-3
    Line6 POD X3L(for recording)
    Yamaha G100 212 ii
    Precision Electronics S100
    Bugera 2x12

Comment

Heard nothing but bad things, but I love the concept. I second the DS-1 motion.

-X
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        Heard nothing but bad things, but I love the concept. I second the DS-1 motion.

-X
        Have you tried it out ? Yeah .. heard some negative stuff about it also

Originally posted by Bob Zombie
        I played one in a shop and thought it sounded like poo...I would go with a DS-1 if you want some dirt like that.
        Thats serious case man. Didn't really know
        Then I can forget about it
        Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
        Gibson 1959 reissue
        Gibson 1960 reissue
        Gibson EDS-1275

Comment

Never buy a MXR Double Shot. That has to be one of the worst gear purchases I have ever made (and it was the last time I listened to a guitar magazine review ).

It was muddy, noisy as heck, had no sustain and was, in short, garbage all the way around the tone spectrum. The tone was harsh on both channels and both had compression issues. One of the most disappointing pedals ever and a disgrace to the MXR family (which generally produces good products).

If you want a great pedal, buy a DS-1 and have it modded. John (aka Stratdeluxer) does (from what I've gathered) amazing work and for a very good price. You could end up with an extremely good pedal without needing a lot of dough. You figure the MXR Double Shot used to be $120... a DS-1 is $40 + $35 or so for it modded (not sure on the figures, you'd have to ask John about that) and you'll have a much more superior pedal while still saving cash.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice man.

I'll look into the DS-1
            I've a guy here modding stuff and he charges some bucks for it.

Is the overdrive any better ? i think its mention in one of the threads
            Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
            Gibson 1959 reissue
            Gibson 1960 reissue
            Gibson EDS-1275

Comment

Crappy sounding pedal....Don't spend anytime with it!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
                Never buy a MXR Double Shot. That has to be one of the worst gear purchases I have ever made (and it was the last time I listened to a guitar magazine review ).

If you want a great pedal, buy a DS-1 and have it modded. John (aka Stratdeluxer) does (from what I've gathered) amazing work and for a very good price. You could end up with an extremely good pedal without needing a lot of dough. You figure the MXR Double Shot used to be $120... a DS-1 is $40 + $35 or so for it modded (not sure on the figures, you'd have to ask John about that) and you'll have a much more superior pedal while still saving cash.
                Anyone tried the DS-2 ? Is it comparable to the DS-1 ? I heard that its more boost and things like that. But always as usual people will tell me that the 1st generation pedals are always better than the 2nd.

Thanks
                Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
                Gibson 1959 reissue
                Gibson 1960 reissue
                Gibson EDS-1275

Comment

good thing i went with my ds-1 instead othe the mxr double shot!

From what i gather the ds-1 and ds-2 are the same minus the extra option available on the ds-2 i think it gives it a ooost of somesort in trubo mode or whatever its called.
                  Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

looks like I'm going to be on the right side of the boat.

I'm looking into the DS-1 and modding it.
                    Now the thing that catches my eye is the MXR phase 90.

I'm going to start a thread on the phase 90 with some poll. Thanks for all the info
                    Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
                    Gibson 1959 reissue
                    Gibson 1960 reissue
                    Gibson EDS-1275

Comment

Working...
                    X