the celestion hot 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the celestion hot 100

Hello, I've been looking at a 4X12 cab with a mix of v30's in top and hot 100's in the bottom, which is said to give the sound massive bottom end.

And another place I read that the Celestion hot 100 was just another name for a celestion g12t75 or something like that (I can't remember 100%), can anyone confirm this, or what is the deal with the hot 100's? are they any good (I assume they are, since they're celestions) ? if they in fact are g12t75's then I know they're good, because I like those.

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
    Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
    Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
    Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
    Framus FR212 CB cabinet
    Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
    Line6 Toneport UX2
    Rocktron Heart Attack

Re: the celestion hot 100

I have never heard of a "Hot 100"...there is a G12100 which I do like but it is nothing like a G1275 (which is the ONLY Celestion that I do not like...in fact, I can't stand them). Try to find out the actual model number, that will help quite a bit. By the way...if these "Hot 100's" areactually G12100's they do not have the deep bottom end that a G1275 has...it is a deeper/better bottom than a G1225 but by no means does it have the bass "chunk" of a G1275.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

"THE CABINET Somewhat larger and more stable than your ordinary 4x12” cab, this baby is built to deliver scooped mids and bowel-shaking low end. Featuring a special speaker combination of two Celestion Vintage 30s on top for crystal-clear sound and two Celestion Hot 100s on the bottom for pure bass bliss. this cab delivers metal tone. Shimmering with crisp top end and shaking with fat bottom end, this sound is unmatched by any other."

This is what it says.

Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
      Framus FR212 CB cabinet
      Line6 Toneport UX2
      Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Doh, my bad, we can see it here http://professional.celestion.com/gu...tail.asp?ID=16

it's actually just called G12T 'Hot 100'. I have no idea how it sounds though, but obviously it has alot of bass, since alot of people say so.

Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
        Framus FR212 CB cabinet
        Line6 Toneport UX2
        Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Working...
        X