TSL 601 FX Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL 601 FX Loop

I've just posted this over at the Marshall amp forum, but there's only 3 other people on the entire forum!!
    I'll post it here amongst the sane people.
    I am looking to stick a delay and chorus in the fx loop of my TSL 601, but have heard that it doesn't perform well with stompboxes. Any opinions? Thanks.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: TSL 601 FX Loop

Haven't played a TSL, but I've used a Boss DD-3 in the effects loop of both a JTM60 and a Silver Jubilee. Sounded fine and had no problems. Does that comment about not performing well with stompboxes possibly refer to running an OD or distortion before the amp?

That didn't answer your question very well, but it's a *bump*.

Comment

Cheers Simon, I'm not sure about what pedals were the problem ones. I have been running my old Zoom 3030 through the loop for modulation effects, but I'm looking for the ease of setup with a chorus and probably the Line 6 Echo Tone delay. The statement I read said that as the loop was parallel, it was better suited to rack mount type of effects.

Comment

Hi Steve

I also have a Marshall JTM60 and use it's FX loops (1 Series and 1 Parallel) with no problems.

Does your Marshall only have a Parallel FX loop? A Parallel FX loop will have a control on the amp for 'Mix', whereas a Series loop won't have any controls (apart from maybe a pad switch).

In my experience, Chorus usually works better in a Parallel FX loop as you can have an extreme setting of chorus on the pedal (if you wish) and then Mix that into the main amps sound with the mix control.

I'm yet to use a Delay in my amps FX loop, so can't comment on that 1

Craig

Comment

Yeah it has a mix, as you said it'll probably be ok for chorus, could be a pain for delay.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees
            Yeah it has a mix, as you said it'll probably be ok for chorus, could be a pain for delay.
            Just give it a go and see how it works It can only sound like crap can't it. It won't damage anything

Comment

Working...
            X