Weber minimass and DI q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber minimass and DI q's

Im wondering how the DI(line out) is used on my minimass. Im under the impression that you connect a normal 1/4 plug to it and the other into a mixer, and thats where you get your sound versus using a mic -> mixer. Although im confused on the specifics. Since this is coming straight out of the amp, will the levels not damage the mixer? Plus, how do you control the level? Does the knob that acts as the attenuation level also control the DI output? If the knob also acts as the DI level, then i assume the more attenuation you use, the more high end you lose?

This would save me and my buddies some cash if we can use the DI output on my minimass instead of having to buy mics and deal with all the technical things on getting a good sound. Thanks guys.
    Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
    Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
    Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
    Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
    Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Re: Weber minimass and DI q's

i'm pretty sure that the signal through the line out is 100% power attenuated so it's all signal, otherwise it couldn't be called a line out, it would just be speaker in.
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

I have the DI output on my regular Mass and I don't use it. It is a regular line out which is somewhat independant from the speaker output.
      I don't like the tone of it when plugging straight in to a mixer. It has a buzzy/sterile output that loses that warmth you can get from mic'd speakers.

The DI out is very cool when you pipe it in to a 2nd amp though.
      My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

oh.. so you are saying you can run your amped guitar signal into ANOTHER amp and basically mix the two tones together?
        Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)

Comment

Originally posted by suislidE03
          oh.. so you are saying you can run your amped guitar signal into ANOTHER amp and basically mix the two tones together?
          Yes - I can get a really sweet mixed tone with 2 amps.
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Oh geeze.. a floodlight just turned on.. just think of the possibilities here

Comment

Working...
            X