banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V30/Greenback combos, Greenbacks for Metal? G12t75/V30 Combos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V30/Greenback combos, Greenbacks for Metal? G12t75/V30 Combos?

Originally posted by mr breaker
    I just swapped some speakers around in my cabinets and I put two G12T's on the bottom, and two V30s on top

Sounds AWESOME. I get the chunk and punchiness of the G12Ts and the thick mid/upper range of the v30s.
    I use a 2x12 extension cab loaded with V30's along with my Rivera Hundred Duo 12 combo, which is loaded with Celestion 85 watters, and the combination is perfect, I would never even consider using the Rivera combo stand alone after hearing it this way!

JQ

Comment

Re: V30/Greenback combos, Greenbacks for Metal? G12t75/V30 Combos?

The 5150 cab is really nice, it has rather a lot of mid compared to my Marshall 1960lead, lots of bottom end coming from the wood, its a very well made cab, weighs lots more than my marshall cab, sounds great, cuts through better than a marshall cab and doesnt have harsh highs so long as you have the eq right, it has a lot of mid and the upper mid if the eq on the amp is to bright can make you cut through too much and sound harsh, though some distorted chords lack the top end sparkle in the distortion compared to the marshall, though it doesnt really matter if you are playing metal, though for some reason i still love my marshall cab more, i dont actually own the 5150 cab, i bought the amp as a half stack, sold the cab to my other guitarist because i already had my marshall cab.

The marshall seems to have less mids but more top end
      The 5150 cab is more balanced with rounded top but emphasis is on the middle frequency, this cab cuts through a lot, and i have to turn the resonance on the amp quite a bit less than what id use through the marshall cab, it has more bottom end thump.

All this info is based on a Peavey 5150 mk1, Lead channel.
      Cornford Hellcat
      Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
      Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
      Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
      Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Working...
      X