X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Amp clip

clippage

Care to guess the amp?

Hint: It's a brand new model...and it's a tube amp.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Cool Amp clip

a peavy valve king?

heheh
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

JERK!

You cheated!

Regardless...pretty impressive for a $350 combo
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
        JERK!

You cheated!

Regardless...pretty impressive for a $350 combo
        LMAO...it's all about the filename my friend
        Splawn QR
        Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
        Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
        My Gear Pix
        My SPLAWN Clips
        My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

yeah..and I figgered you saw it over on HC.

BTW...pretty hard to impress that crowd over there...your Splawn got the HCAF seal of approval I believe

Comment

Hmm, is it me or does some of it sound a bit solid state-ish with rhythm-tones?? :/

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
            Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
            Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
            Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
            Framus FR212 CB cabinet
            Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
            Line6 Toneport UX2
            Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

yeah..and I figgered you saw it over on HC.

BTW...pretty hard to impress that crowd over there...your Splawn got the HCAF seal of approval I believe
              yes..yes I did...lol...

I liked your clip dude! great cranked plexi sound..and out of a 1x12 combo? nice!

yeah, people seem to be diggin' the sound..which surprises me considering how bad and compressed the recording sounds with my setup...LOL....
              Splawn QR
              Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
              Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
              My Gear Pix
              My SPLAWN Clips
              My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Damn, that's not too bad. A little high on the gain for me though. My God, did I just admit to gain being too much?

I still like the Roland Cube 30 and 60 better.

Comment

Oh it's not me...playing on the clip..I just heard it over on HC and was pretty impressed for a $350 tube combo. Witha mod to tighten it up a bit, and a new speaker, I think that'd be a great rock/metal amp for $.

Sune, it's a little "buzzy"....but I don't think it sounds SS like....just has that grainy Recto-like top end.

I wished the Cube 60 I played sounded that good Erik!...maybe I played a dog but that thing sounded like a DS-1 in a speaker cabinet to me???? :shrug: He did have a bit more gain on it than I like...but that also may be the 6l6s which get that overly distorted tone..if it was tighter, it wouldn't sound like too much gain to my ears, I think.

Comment

Oh it's not me...playing on the clip..I just heard it over on HC and was pretty impressed for a $350 tube combo. Witha mod to tighten it up a bit, and a new speaker, I think that'd be a great rock/metal amp for $.

Sune, it's a little "buzzy"....but I don't think it sounds SS like....just has that grainy Recto-like top end.

I wished the Cube 60 I played sounded that good Erik!...maybe I played a dog but that thing sounded like a DS-1 in a speaker cabinet to me???? :shrug: He did have a bit more gain on it than I like...but that also may be the 6l6s which get that overly distorted tone..if it was tighter, it wouldn't sound like too much gain to my ears, I think.

oops..my bad...lol..I talk to so many people across so many boards that I can't frigin' keep track...sorry man =)
                    Splawn QR
                    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
                    My Gear Pix
                    My SPLAWN Clips
                    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Working...
                    X