VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2

As much as you're into cool pedals with differing power jacks, DEFINITELY pay the money for the Voodoo PPII. That thing eliminated so many headaches from wiring up a pedalboard with anything I wanted on it. All the jacks are isolated, so there's no ground loop hum, or any noise whatsoever.

The only thing that irked me was that it has 2 Line 6 outlets, but only came with 1 specialized Line 6 cable.....so stupid!!!! However, if you Email Voodoo, they'll send you a cable or two for free.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I don't use a lot of effects, but I use a Visual sound one spot. It powers everything I need and is dead quiet. $25.00 works great form my needs
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I used to use a Godlyke and it was great.....until I tried to power effects in front and effects in the loop, when I got a horrible ground loop buzz (strong enough that it'd vibrate the floor on the gain channel).

After switching to a PPII, I've never had any problems. I've used it to power Boss ASA and PSA pedals, again with no problems.

So, if you're only powering pedals that're either out front or in the loop, I'd recommend something like a Godlyke or a One-Spot; but, if you're planning on powering effects out front and effects in the loop, I'd recommend a PPII simply to avoid the potential for ground loops.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
        X