• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Duke
    replied
    Re: I took the plunge....

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    That really is a great deal on that halfstack, but DO NOT sell your new PRS!
    It's not that difficult to absorb $1300, but you'll kick yourself if you let go of the blue PRS with white Duncans! You'll lose a ton of money on it too. Keep it! Jeez, and play it on the Marshall. That's a winning tone combo, if you ask me.

By the way, which of your OD pedals sounds the best on this amp?
    Well I just got a pretty nice raise so the wife and I will discuss it, but the problem is I'm lusting for a Heritage 535 on top of everything else!

The OD pedals.

The Pup booster gives me more of the same. No coloring to speak of. The SD-1 gives me more grind and midrange. It introduces a lot of harmonics too. When the amp is able to do its thing either pedal works great for leads, when the amp is down a bit lower I like to use the booster for rythym and the SD-1 for leads.

I haven't REALLY cranked it but once so for non-apartment destroying levels I use both pedals on the Z, and the JMP for very high gain at low levels, but we all know how great that sounds.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

That really is a great deal on that halfstack, but DO NOT sell your new PRS!
    It's not that difficult to absorb $1300, but you'll kick yourself if you let go of the blue PRS with white Duncans! You'll lose a ton of money on it too. Keep it! Jeez, and play it on the Marshall. That's a winning tone combo, if you ask me.

By the way, which of your OD pedals sounds the best on this amp?

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

well they are the same in the early 800s for sure..but didn't Marshall start changing alot of the guts on the 2203/4 in the mid to late 80s?

oppps sorry...

ignore my post...JMPs are most certainly not 800s...

not even close...

nope...

in fact...

they suck...

Luke I'll give 5 bucks for it...

Leave a comment:

• Luke Duke
    replied

Originally posted by ErikH
    Actually, it is exactly what the 800's of the MV's are/were. The JMP 2203/2204 circuits are the same as in the JCM800 2203/2204. The only difference is the chasis and other outside features.
    Being the model numbers were the same I had wondered, but I didn't want to talk out any orifices....well any more than normal.

lol at TGB

Leave a comment:

• The Golden Boy
    replied

Actually, it is exactly what the 800's of the MV's are/were. The JMP 2203/2204 circuits are the same as in the JCM800 2203/2204. The only difference is the chasis and other outside features.
    Shhh...

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied

Originally posted by Luke Duke
    It's hard to believe that, but I guess it makes sense. It is pretty close if not a dead ringer to the original 800s, but its got the hybrid head front. Large script, small plate, all tolex covered. I actually thing the look is very distinguished.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• Luke Duke
    replied

Originally posted by shred-dog
    hell the heads alone are going for $900+ on ebay right now crazy a few years ago you couldn't give em away .
    It's hard to believe that, but I guess it makes sense. It is pretty close if not a dead ringer to the original 800s, but its got the hybrid head front. Large script, small plate, all tolex covered. I actually thing the look is very distinguished.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• shred-dog
    replied

No, I didn't do as well as you Joe.

I got both, (with the original speaker cable lol) for $1300
    hell the heads alone are going for $900+ on ebay right now crazy a few years ago you couldn't give em away .

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

Yeah, that's a very fair price for that mint halfstack. Most at that price look like they've been gigged for two decades.

Leave a comment:

• The Golden Boy
    replied

Nice Score Bro!

Leave a comment:

• Luke Duke
    replied

That's pretty darn good for that combo (amp and cab). I've seen much higher prices, closer to $2k.
    I had done some freelance work for his shop and he owed me for that, and I knew he had got a good deal on it. I needed some room for the re-tube because I heard teh microphonics the other day.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied

That's pretty darn good for that combo (amp and cab). I've seen much higher prices, closer to $2k.

Leave a comment:

• shred-dog
    replied

congrats LUKE nice amp it looks kiler and i am sure it will sound great . now i guess i am going to have to post some shots of my 1980 PARK 1206 master volume head . i will have it apart tonight i'll grab the camera . later scott

Leave a comment:

• Luke Duke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

Damn that thing is like new! How much???

I'll bet it wasn't twenty five bucks, like my 86 SS Master Lead!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X