Ecstasy Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecstasy Classic

After having this amp for about a month now, I've had some time to play with it and I have found some really sweet tones. I've been playing with a SG standard with a 59n/custom pup combination.

I have been mostly playing the Blue channel. At first I didn't think it was a huge improvement over my DSL. So I decided to play the bogner for a week exclusively. Then I plugged the DSL back in. It now sounds like garbage in comparison.

I absolutely love the pick response I get from my guitar through the bogner. With super loud, high gain settings, I can go from slightly overdriven to huge distortion just with my pick attack. Over all the Blue channel is very harmonically rich, and makes my guitar sing.

I haven't spent as much time with the Red channel yet, but I found some great lead tones and some killer heavy rhythm sounds.

The Green channel. I know this is probably the weaker of the three channels. This channel seems much different than the clean channel on the DSL. On the DSL, I can get a pretty good clean sound from the Custom in the bridge of my SG, and the 59n, doesn't sound so hot.

In the Bogner, it's the complete opposite. I haven't been able to dial in a really good tone with the Custom, but the 59N sounds pretty good without much tweaking. Gearjonser - any tips for getting good tones out of this channel?

For anyone who might know, is it necessary to turn the power off when changing the Class A/AB and Old/New switches? I have been turning it off, but would it be ok to put the amp on Stand By?

I am assumming that you have to turn it off to switch the Full/Half Power options, since you have to change impendence to match.
    thereveling.com

Re: Ecstasy Classic

stand by should be fine.
    Jeremy Ledford
    Tone Guru Extroardinaire
    Tone Shop

Comment

Re: Ecstasy Classic

To switch to 1/2 power, turn the amp off, and halve the impedence.
      To change to class A, I just click the standby first.....I rarely do it though.

I'm not sure about the Ecstasy Classic, but ways to get my 101B's clean channel sounding great is this. The switch that changes the EQ structure, put it on the boldest glassiest setting. If you can assign your second presence knob to the clean channel on your amp, do it, then turn up the presence. On 101B's you can assign that presence to either the clean channel or red channel. Also, mess with the gain,volume and EQ a lot till you get the Custom to be dialed right.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
      X