banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a cheap tube amp...any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a cheap tube amp...any suggestions?

Hiya, I'm starting to look for a new amp and I decided since my first amp was a solid state and I've heard so many good things about tubes and the way they sound, that I might as well get a tube amp.

Now, I'm looking for a smallish 15-30 watt all-tube amp for roughly under 400 dollars. Preferably one with a 12" speaker. And with a good, Marshall-kinda sounding overdrive and Fenderish cleans. And...I believe thats all I'm looking for. If anyone could give any suggestions they would be really appreciated!
    The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
    And Here on Bandcamp!
    Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Re: Looking for a cheap tube amp...any suggestions?

Try the Peavey ValveKings, they're REALLY affordable. Or look at the Crate V-Series, I have the biggest combo and I like it, though I am wanting to get something different now.

Comment

Fender Blues Jr. It's got reverb, a good clean tube sound and a master for a bit of overdrive. A pedal is needed for superdirt. 15w and loud......

Comment

screw fender!! i was also looking at the valve king as of lately, looks very nice for the price. I would recommend them. You can always go to your local shop and try out pretty much every fender model, and unless you use cleans 80% of the time or more, get something else
        Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
        Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
        Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
        Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
        Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

groove tubes make some nice little tube amps in that range w/ fx built in...and the clean sound great..OD ain't so bad either
          Splawn QR
          Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
          Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
          George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
          My Gear Pix
          My SPLAWN Clips
          My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Ashdown?
            I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
            MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
            Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
            MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
            Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
            Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
            K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

The crate club series (30 watter, two channel, good crunch) can be had for about $250, peavey classic 30, traynor and a host of others.

Comment

Try out a Traynor YCV-40, 40 watts of sheer tube bliss at a very reasonable price:

Hoo Hooooo Hooo Hoooooooo

http://talktobears.hearnow.com

Sent from an old crank telephone in rural GA

Comment

Fender(sorry) Super 60. Red knob amps made in the 80's (I think) with 2 6l6's for 25-60 watts depending on who's rating it. Designed by Paul Rivera. I got a chance to try one of these this last week- they've got a nice smooth transition from clean to drive with usable crunch from there on out. They're selling on eBay for less than $300 in nice shape.

Comment

I'm selling the Peavey Classic 30 that I got 6 months ago (havn't played it for 4 months). In my opinion it is the best 30 watt combo for under 500 new. Great cleans (a really bluesy clean, not a fender sparkly clean) and when cranked it really puts out a nice blues overdrive. I plugged a Ts9 and an OD-20 through it and it took both pedals real well, it sounded awesome. Shoot me a private message for some details on the amp.
                    :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Working...
                    X