Solawn Marshall Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solawn Marshall Mods

Hey guys. I absolutely love the sound of the Splawn Quick Rod. However, I can't afford the $1500-$1800 price tag. If I had them do their standard Marshall Mod for $350 on a Marshall JCM800, would it sound just like the Quick Rod? Or are the Marshall Mod and Quick Rod two different beasts? I was thinking of scoring a cheap Marshall JCM800 $1000, which isn't bad for a custom/modded amp at all.I've listened to all the clips I can find and watched the videos of of that Van Halen cover band on their web site and the amp sounds amazing.... Exactly the tone I am looking for.

Thanks guy...

BluesGuycombo and having them do the mod, that wouldn't cost me more than
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Re: Solawn Marshall Mods

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ
    Hey guys. I absolutely love the sound of the Splawn Quick Rod. However, I can't afford the $1500-$1800 price tag. If I had them do their standard Marshall Mod for $350 on a Marshall JCM800, would it sound just like the Quick Rod? Or are the Marshall Mod and Quick Rod two different beasts? I was thinking of scoring a cheap Marshall JCM800 $1000, which isn't bad for a custom/modded amp at all.I've listened to all the clips I can find and watched the videos of of that Van Halen cover band on their web site and the amp sounds amazing.... Exactly the tone I am looking for.

Thanks guy...

BluesGuycombo and having them do the mod, that wouldn't cost me more than

you could try scoring a used quick rod on evil bay..they do pop up every so often....

the QR sounds killer..I know, I have one..heh

not sure what the marshall mods sound like..but I wouldn't imagine that they'd sound completely different..I know some guys have had marshalls modded to make them pretty much the same as a pro mod...

call scott..he's a great guy to deal wtih
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Sorry about that typo fellas, I'm blind and didn't see it . Or how about Voodoo amps? How are there mods/amps? But man, these Quick Rods sound amazing...
      Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
      Ibanez RG1570 Custom
      PRS McCarty STD
      '71 Gibson SG Custom
      Bogner Alchemist 2x12
      Vox AD15VT

Comment

gotta love SOLAWN quick rod ! just bustin ' SPLAWN's sound killer . and scott is a cool guy . i was going to have a jcm 800 moded last year but i got rid of it first but i will get one moded or get a quick rod soon !! smokin tones .
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Working...
        X