marshall combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall combo

i just picked up a marshall master lead combo.it has a badge with sound barrier hifi component on the front.i think it is a solid state amp.there are 2 12 inch speakers. i checked the serial number which is a20271 and it says it is 1969/1970 and it says it is a 200 watt amp the front is all black with white writing.can anyone give some information on this amp please

thanks peter

Re: marshall combo

Originally posted by peter.lenaghan
    i just picked up a marshall master lead combo.it has a badge with sound barrier hifi component on the front.i think it is a solid state amp.there are 2 12 inch speakers. i checked the serial number which is a20271 and it says it is 1969/1970 and it says it is a 200 watt amp the front is all black with white writing.can anyone give some information on this amp please

thanks peter
    is there a pre-fix before the a? like Sl/axxxx or SB/axxxx

A could mean 200 watts or 1969 manufacture depending on whether it's the pre-fix or not...
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

It was made on 1969-70 based on the serial number and that's what the date you mentioned refers to. As for the model, it sounds to me like you scored a Major based on the wattage but they didn't come in combo form. Is there a model number on the front or back of the chasis? There should be one somewhere.

Comment

how many knobs? and whats on the front?
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

yeah no major combos...none I know of anyway...none in the Doyle book...

and I don't think a Major chassis would fit in existing combo...?

Comment

That and that Majors were tube amps. We'll need a model number for this one.

Double-checked the serial number and something isn't right. From 1969 - 1983, the letter was put after the serial number. From 1984 - 1992 the letter was before the serial number. So, either the serial number was typed wrong or we got a bogus marshall.
            Last edited by ErikH; 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM.

Comment

thanks everyone for the replys.JEFFB the serial number is a 20271 ERIKH i cant see a model number.it has 7 knobs master volumn presence bass middle treble normal gain bright gain. it has 3 inputs normal mix bright.it is a big amp.i live in england but you should have the same models as here

thanks peter

Comment

What does it say on the front panel? Can you take some pics?

Comment

erikh on the front of the amp has everything i put in my last post.it also has a badge with sound barrier hifi coponent.i dont have a camera for a picture.

thanks peter

Comment

Maybe it's one of Marshall's PA amps. Without a model number it's really hard to tell for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by peter.lenaghan
                      it has 7 knobs master volumn presence bass middle treble normal gain bright gain. it has 3 inputs normal mix bright.it is a big amp.i live in england but you should have the same models as here

thanks peter
                      There's your big clue.
                      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                      Originally posted by Slash2987
                      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                      Originally posted by PVFan
                      I'm a good sex man.
                      Originally posted by Grumpy
                      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Thanks for the hints, TGB. That helped.

From what info I could find. It is one of these if it is solid state:

2199 JMP Master Lead, 30W 2x12" combo
                        2200 JMP Master Lead, 100W 2x12" combo
                        2201 JMP Lead & Bass, 30W 2x12" combo
                        2299 JMP Master Lead Reverb, 30W 2x12" combo

Now, one of those 4-digit numbers has to be somewhere in the chasis, it might be small, but it should be on there. Possibly stamped in and not written.

Comment

erik i cant see much information on these 4 amps and what i saw didnt include any photos.i took the amp apart and there is no model number.there is a half torn label on the inside the bit left has master lead and home c891 on it.the speakers has t1632 em14 on 0ne and t1632 em21 on the other one.they also have a p with a circle round it.the amp casing is 2foot high by 29 inches wide. thats all the info i can give.

thanks peter

Comment

Peter, the model information I posted came from Dr. Tube www.drtube.com. Lots of Marshall info there but not many pics at all.

I'm at a loss as to exactly what it could be other than one of the models above.

TGB, any ideas?

Comment

3 inputs?....

I think I saw some weird looking PA amps from the late 70s in the Doyle book like that ..but they were heads...not combos...

Comment

Working...
                              X