quick Atomic performance review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick Atomic performance review

so i had a show last night at our local lion's club, and my Atomic was put to the test. Its a pretty big open venue and there was probably 100-200 people there. During sound check, i realized just how directional the Atomic is, which was an issue since the place was so open. Volume wasn't a huge deal, but it was a challenge for those 18watts because we had another guitarist, a keyboard (who sometimes was a 3rd guitar), a drummer and a bassist. I put the Atomic on my amp stand, which helped a lot, but to ensure everyone could hear me wail, i mic'd it with my 57 and ran it to the PA. End of problem. Most people in the crowd could hear my playing coming straigh out of my amp, and those who couldnt heard me through the PA. It worked great. Afterwords, I got many comments on my playing. None on my tone, but i dont think there were too many people in there who knew a lot about tone. I thought the tones that my Atomic were kicking out were excellent.
    my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
    fender dg20ce acoustic
    peavey blazer 15 watt
    line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
    Atomic Reactor 112
    Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Re: quick Atomic performance review

Do they plan on making any models with higher Wattage ratings? I feel shy of buying an 18W amp, I'd much rather have 50W or closer to that mark. Especially for the money.
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Comment

They have come out with a 35 watt model thats a 2x12 combo. i have seen them on american musical supply. the 18watt model is very loud for 18 watts, so i can only imagine the 35 watt model is the same way. you might want to see what you can find on that one.
      fender dg20ce acoustic
      peavey blazer 15 watt
      Atomic Reactor 112

Comment

clint, glad it worked out for you!

Comment

They have a 55w 2x12 version coming out very very soon. Clint, glad it worked outfor you. I use my 2 Atomics 112's all the time. I usually get stopped about it atleast once every time I go to a large rehearsal facility about it. Usually blows everyone away who hears it.
          Institute Of Noise Music Productions
          http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
          Bogner Amplification
          http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by InstituteOfNoise
            They have a 55w 2x12 version coming out very very soon.
            55w? that will be sweet. i thought it was 35 watts for some reason. InstituteofNoise, i do have one question that you might be able to answer for me. There was another guitar player there with a Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12, and he was running a line out to a 4x12 cabinet. before i got the Atomic mic'd, i tried to run the left line out to the 4x12, and it only gave me a loud hum. When i tried the right line out, no noise at all. I didnt have time to mess with it more, so i just got the sm57 out. Is there something wrong with my Atomic, or is that just something that cant be done without another power amp?
            fender dg20ce acoustic
            peavey blazer 15 watt
            Atomic Reactor 112

Comment

The FX left and rights are essentially your POD left and right just before the power amp. I have to use the FX right send to the second atomic to get power/signal to hear it. The left one is actually completing the circuit within the first Atomic from what I understand. I'm assuming you'd need to have that powered to hear it correctly in the 4x12.

Bogner Amplification

Comment

The FX left and rights are essentially your POD left and right just before the power amp. I have to use the FX right send to the second atomic to get power/signal to hear it. The left one is actually completing the circuit within the first Atomic from what I understand. I'm assuming you'd need to have that powered to hear it correctly in the 4x12.
                Ok, well then my problem was there needed to be a power supply for that 4x12. that was a stupid mistake on my part. I wonder how the guy with the Hot Rod Deville did that, because he didnt have another power supply for the 4x12. o well. thanks for the help IoN.
                fender dg20ce acoustic
                peavey blazer 15 watt
                Atomic Reactor 112

Comment

Ya sure he was running a line out and not an ext speaker out?

Bogner Amplification

Comment

Ya sure he was running a line out and not an ext speaker out?
                    That could be.....
                    fender dg20ce acoustic
                    peavey blazer 15 watt
                    Atomic Reactor 112

Comment

Working...
                    X