More Lany Amp Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Lany Amp Questions!

I think i posted this on another thread, but didnt get much of a response.
    SO. I have this Laney VC 112, 30W amp she is, and am thinking of replacing the speaker.
    What options ( wattage wise ) do i have? I cant put anything higher then 30W in there right?
    Silly question i know, but better safe then sorry.
    Lister: I am your god!
    Cat: ( points at food ) If you're god, turn this into a woman!

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Re: More Lany Amp Questions!

You can put anything in that VC as long as it is at least 30 watts.

It would be better to put a speaker that is a little bit higher wattage in the amp as it likely pushes out a little more than 30 watts.
    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Hey thanks for that, just what i wanted to hear!

i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Comment

Now for the speaker selection! I'm thinking either Celestion G12H, or a Vintage 30. Maybe even a Eminence Ledgend v12. Any other suggestions?

Comment

I think the G12H30 would work well, or a Emi Private Jack, a Emi Wizard or Screamin' Eagle would work, but I think the V30 would be too middy.

That is a sparkly amp, play to its strengths. If you treat it like a Marshall, it will never make you happy. Think Vox.
          Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
          Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Hmm i was thinking the g12h30. Hendrix like tone yeah? especially with an old strat?

Comment

Maybe even a celestion Blue for more of a Brian May tone? ( since he does like his vox amps)

Comment

Working...
              X