X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearjoneser
    replied
    Re: Herbert vs Uberschall....or Recto??

Here's the real king. The Brainchild of Reinhold Bogner, the original white chassis metalfront Ecstasy #32 w/all the options ever offered by Bogner. You'd have to cut my arm off to get this amp away from me.

Leave a comment:

• Destructone
    replied

Soldano is KING of boutique metal amps! hope i can grab one soon!

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied

Originally posted by WaR HeaD
    btw...what do you think about 2 ch amps vs 3 ch amps? 2 ch amps use to be more solid or just because the classics has 2 ch, while the others have more modes and options, so more tones to find... and then a rack setup that goes progresive in that terms...
    From all the research I've done (I've never played a 3ch, only various 2ch)you'd need to A/B them beside each other to tell the difference, and even then the differences are only slight, and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a band mix.

The second channel on the 3ch sounds pretty much identical to the orange (vintage) and red (modern) channels on the 2ch.

The third channel on the 3ch has much more presence, which was done largely because people complained that the 2ch wasn't cutting through the mix.

So, long and short.....a 2ch may sound a bit darker and smoother when used by itself, but it doesn't cut through a band as well as the newer 3ch.

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied

Originally posted by Neeradj

The best boo-teek high gainer I've ever played or owned is the VHT Ultralead, although the Koch Powertone II comes close. Massive tone, just the right amount of gain, but amazing clarity and completely unforgiving. Really if you think the Bogner XTC 101B's lead channel is unforgiving play this sucker, if you're a bad player you'll absolutely hate it, or you'll love it because it helps you figure out your common mistakes. If you're a good player you'll love it even more since it's so responsive you can hear almost every nuance of your playing. It is pretty stiff though, but that can easilly be dialed out.
    The Ultralead is great for fast, shredding type stuff as it tracks super tight....but it's almost solid state in it's feel and doesn't have the same sag and note blossom as slower amps.

Leave a comment:

• WaR HeaD
    replied

Originally posted by Peterku
    If you'd done that earlier, now you wouldn't have needed to launch this thread...
    nah...easy words...i said i will try them...with time and pacience...
    i cant go there and tell the man at the shop, hey, ive come to try'em all!! ...so, go putting them in a row...alphabetical order please

but like a lot of things ill try one this week, maybe...er, another one next month...and so on...but if i have things clear i dont even need to try them...

Leave a comment:

• Peterku
    replied

Originally posted by WaR HeaD
    i think ill try those amps (lucky of me, the shop has a herbert, uberschall, road king, cobra, 6505, etc etc)
    If you'd done that earlier, now you wouldn't have needed to launch this thread...

Leave a comment:

• vinterland
    replied

Originally posted by Grandor
    No.
    You should ask yourself one question. And thats it.

" Does it sound good ? "

IMO - it doesnt matter what the f*** venues you play or how much wattage you need.
    If it sounds good. It is good.
    Your going to have a harder time making a 150 watt amp sound good when you can't even drive the power tubes.

Leave a comment:

• mr breaker
    replied

+1 for the ecstasy...it can go from clean to HEAVY

It also gives you a lot of control over the power amp, so you can cut down the power if you desire that

Leave a comment:

• WaR HeaD
    replied

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    If you want the ultimate in versatility, go for the rack setup with a preamp and seperate power amp. If you want a good clean tone, a good dirty rhythm tone, and a good solo tone, go for the great-sounding two channel head or combo with a pedal to achieve the middle ground that is the dirty rhythm tone.

BTW, vinterland asked a great question. If your goal is to get a great overdriven tone, it just gets harder as you go up in wattage because it has to get louder to push the power amp with that much power. If you're not playing stadiums, 50 watts would probably do the job with room to spare.
    well, i was wondering why shouldnt i buy the triaxis and a 2:50 over any other model...cause ive tried and play with the recto and got awesome tone...but i was looking for even more...thats why my teacher told me to go for the rack setup...but before i buy the equipment i have to be sure its what i a really need/want... i think ill try those amps (lucky of me, the shop has a herbert, uberschall, road king, cobra, 6505, etc etc) and then try again the rack...

about the power amp section i dont look any further than 100 watts of power...but if they have more than 100w i can do nothing but use them...well, maybe the herbert is for a metallica live...but i consider 50 watts to be not enough..

Leave a comment:

• shreder75
    replied

rectos aren't even in the same class with the other two, imo

in other words, the other two are much better =)

Leave a comment:

• Grandor
    replied

Originally posted by vinterland
    Heres what you should ask yourself... "Do I really need 120-150 watts of power"?
    No.
    You should ask yourself one question. And thats it.

" Does it sound good ? "

IMO - it doesnt matter what the f*** venues you play or how much wattage you need.
    If it sounds good. It is good.

Leave a comment:

• HamerPlyr
    replied

If you want the ultimate in versatility, go for the rack setup with a preamp and seperate power amp. If you want a good clean tone, a good dirty rhythm tone, and a good solo tone, go for the great-sounding two channel head or combo with a pedal to achieve the middle ground that is the dirty rhythm tone.

BTW, vinterland asked a great question. If your goal is to get a great overdriven tone, it just gets harder as you go up in wattage because it has to get louder to push the power amp with that much power. If you're not playing stadiums, 50 watts would probably do the job with room to spare.

Leave a comment:

• WaR HeaD
    replied

Originally posted by DeadSkinSlayer3
    Honestly, I don't like the Diezel's. They're cool and all, but holy **** you can get a better amp for half the price.

Metal/hardrock boutique amp? Bogner Ecstasy, no doubt.
    Metal metal boutique amp? Framus Cobra or Bogner Uberschall
    Metal metal amp without the insane pricetag? 5150. I know guys who have been through Road Kings, Soldanos, JCM800s, and Powerballs, and always come back to the 5150.
    oh i forgot the framus amps...but btw the full stack goes to 4500 $...

and about the 5150 it has to be that this amp sounds great when cranked but, souds like crap at "low" volumes, cause ive tried it a couple times and never get happy with the sound...maybe i have to try it again

Heres what you should ask yourself... "Do I really need 120-150 watts of power"?
    yeah i dont really need so much power, i had a dual recto, 100w, i sold it recently to go for a rack equipment (see sig) but i will pay 3000 for the preamp and the power amp and was finding better options...

btw...what do you think about 2 ch amps vs 3 ch amps? 2 ch amps use to be more solid or just because the classics has 2 ch, while the others have more modes and options, so more tones to find... and then a rack setup that goes progresive in that terms...

thanks for the replies

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

No, it's not! It's a sad fact that sometimes the best tone and the best features come only in 100w amps.

Leave a comment:

• vinterland
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X