Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need a high gain distortion pedal

Originally posted by man-in-moon
    its time to retire the digitech distortion factory. And I have no idea what to get. I am looking for something to get the C.O.C. black sabbath type sound as well as something that will pull off pantera type gain. I have had metal zones, big muffs, mxr dime distortions, i tried my buddies VS j&hyde pedal didnt care for it. I was looking at the hermida audio gronder pedal but when i contacted they guy he said they were not making them now and he didnt know when they would start back. I checked out the vox bulldog distortion and i liked it just want to see my other options are. I am mainly looking for high end pedals but i will check out any suggestions. oh and i dont really like boss pedals.
    www.diamondpedals.com Check out thee fire burst. It is one of the most versatile pedals I have ever played. I play C.O.C, and Black Sabbath all the time so It can get those tones(very well). And when I need the pantera type stuff it does that great too. If you want more info, pm me.
    Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
    Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

I really liked the Vox Cooltron British Bulldog distortion. Very cool, with two stages and as much gain as you want. I'd go for that over the morpheus if you're after a more Marshally high gain. If you want a more mesa recto type of thing, i'd go for the Morpheus. It's pretty brutal.
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

i just checked out that fireburst i like it. so far it the protone body rot and the vox have been the ones i liked the best. I've tried the line 6 and rocktron pedals didnt really care for em.

Comment

if my amps didn't already have silly amounts of gain, the only two pedals i would consider are the damage control demonizer and the G2D morpheus. both sound killer from the clips i've heard.

-Mike
          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Dont go the tonebone route, they just dont have the inifinte amount of gain that most SS pedals have. Sound excellent, but thats the only let down.
            Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
            Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
            Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
            Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
            Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

I have forgotten the companies name but i just saw a product demo of a new high end stomp box company based out of Halifax NS Canada... They have a high gain distortion unit that is also silent..... no hum or noise like when you step on a Boss DS1... These pedals i must own! I'll get more info on them soon.

Comment

I like the Vox, but I'm a vox amp fan so I like anything with the name Vox on it.
                Originally posted by BeanDip
                No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
                Belman double cutaway Grand
                Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  You're makin me jones for an OCD!!! haha I have the Klon to do the same job you're describing, but it's a pretty smooth sounding overdrive. I kinda want that OCD because, like you said, it's raw and aggressive. I set my amp up for clean, plexi, and heavy rhythm, so I still rely on OD pedals to get singing lead tones. My Ecstacy is capable of using the red channel as a lead tone, but usually set it as a Cantrell type rhythm tone. For lead, I have a choice of the Bogner boosts, the Klon, or the Mudhoney. The OCD may be my next OD aquisition.
                  The OCD and be raw and agressive or smooth and fat... the controls have an excellent range and the pedal sounds very rich in 2nd-order harmonics so it'll sound good no matter what you do with it, pretty much.

I've not tried a Klon or anything that high up there but I can't imagine something suiting me better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan
                    I have forgotten the companies name but i just saw a product demo of a new high end stomp box company based out of Halifax NS Canada... They have a high gain distortion unit that is also silent..... no hum or noise like when you step on a Boss DS1... These pedals i must own! I'll get more info on them soon.
                    I just mentioned them. I do believe your speaking of Diamond Pedals, they are AMAZING pedals. I own a fireburst, the 'high gain' pedal although it does low gain just as well.

Diamond is based out of Sackville(right beside halifax) and It is about a hour and 15 mintue drive for me to get to there shop.

The link to there site is on my other post.
                    Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
                    Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Working...
                    X