Steve's new plexitone clip got me thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve's new plexitone clip got me thinking

Why in the H-E-double hockeysticks can people like Barber and Carl Martin put out such wonderful sounding gain pedals in teeny weeny little boxes for $100-$200, yet NOT ONE FRIGGIN AMP COMPANY CAN MAKE A SOLID STATE AMP THAT SOUNDS 1/2 AS GOOD EVEN AT 3 TIMES THE PRICE????

What's the issue? the power amp section?...The old marshall SS/preamp,Tube power amp heads sounded pretty good too.....

I just don't get it...why can't Peavey or Randall or Marshall or whomever design a decent sounding preamp like CM and Barber (and I'm sure many others), pair it with a decent poweramp section, speaker and cab, and sell it for $750?

no makey sense....
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Steve's new plexitone clip got me thinking

I've been wondering that for years. You read my mind. Maybe you just gave Carl Martin an idea, LOL.
    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Re: Steve's new plexitone clip got me thinking

Heh no not a new idea, but the reason pedals sounds good is because of the amp, that is a tube one.
      Anyways we have made a small record amp, it is all analouge and no tubes, and the simulation is quite good, and through a good console it sounds very very good.
      Recorded with music you would have a very hard time telling the tube amp from the small direct record amp.
      But I really do not think that most players are really ready for SS amps, and to be honest I still think that tube amps that have a good design, is a better platform for most players.

Comment

Working...
      X