Vox like prototype clip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox like prototype clip.

Well I am about to make a Vox voiced overdrive.
    Made the first prototype by now, and it is housed in a Plexitone box
    Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 11-07-2005, 02:50 PM.

Re: Vox like prototype clip.

What amp/guitar did you use on that recording?
    I think it sounded great overall, though some of the high-gain chords were a little bit undefined. The leads sounded good though. My personal favorite stuff was all the mid-gain doodling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
      Well I am about to make a Vox voiced overdrive.
      Made the first prototype by now, and it is housed in a Plexitone box
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=3062363
      I Liked the tone,but it sounded kinda compressed? Did you compress the signal on purpose....Maybe I thought the tone was a bit "hi fi" but the vibe is there...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

though some of the high-gain chords were a little bit undefined
        High gain??
        What high gain...lol it is so lowgain...just saturated like those old ac-30's
        EL-84's are compressed...no headroom in amps like that..hehe
        They are not defined when used as combo's, those old bulldogs are funny speakers, just trying to get the right vibe, the head version on a 4x12 on the other hand is cool
        Well the slight "hi.fi" is on purpose, had it that going on in every single ac-30 I have used, it is that funny glassy mini el-34 sound those el-84's have.
        But it depends on what amp is used.
        Anyways this was just one setup with a open back
        That is diffuse by its very nature.
        Niels
        Will get some more done soon, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          High gain??
          What high gain...lol it is so lowgain...just saturated like those old ac-30's
          EL-84's are compressed...no headroom in amps like that..hehe
          They are not defined when used as combo's, those old bulldogs are funny speakers, just trying to get the right vibe, the head version on a 4x12 on the other hand is cool
          Well the slight "hi.fi" is on purpose, had it that going on in every single ac-30 I have used, it is that funny glassy mini el-34 sound those el-84's have.
          But it depends on what amp is used.
          Anyways this was just one setup with a open back
          That is diffuse by its very nature.
          Niels
          Will get some more done soon, thanks for the feedback.
          RID......Buddy,please don't take my feedback negative...I really was just trying to give you an honest listening opinion about the clip....You sure have the AC30 Vox vibe nailed,but it's hard to tell sometimes with recordings and the crappy speakers we listen to music through...I Know you're cool with the feedbacks,but coming from me,I'm trying to be honest is all....
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Don't worry, it is all cool
            It is always the vibe that comes first, the sounds will be different anyways, depends on who is playing, what guitar is used, the amp.
            Other factors that I have no control over really
            To me an old ac-30 is slightly middy glassy with some funny wool in certain frequencies, it is all mixed up in a funny compressed way.
            They do not have the same sound as Marshalls or Hiwatts, much softer amps, more nose and less defined, but still with that British vibe.
            So I never worry too much about accurate sound, more about getting that funny feel those amps gives...eventhough it is kinda hard doing it that from a small bla...er red box
            But it seems to be working, even our Rivera R55(which I hate like the plague) got that Vox vibe, and a KT-66 equipped amp behaved in the same manner, so something is working
            Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 11-07-2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
              Don't worry, it is all cool
              It is always the vibe that comes first, the sounds will be different anyways, depend on who is playing, what guitar is used, the amp.
              Other factors that I have no control over really
              To me an old ac-30 is slightly middy glassy with some funny wool in certain frequencies, it is all mixed up in a funny compressed way.
              They do not have the same sound as Marshalls or Hiwatts, much softer amps, more nose and less defined, but still with that British vibe.
              So I never worry too much about accurate sound, more about getting that funny feel those amps gives...eventhough it is kinda hard doing it that from a small bla...er red box
              But it seems to be working, even our Rivera R55(which I hate like the plague) got that Vox vibe, and a KT-66 equipped amp behaved in the same manner, so something is working
              If your Vox pedal sounds as good as your Plexitone pedal,I'll have to buy one...I know you'll have a winner in the Vox pedal though...

Comment

I thought that sounded pretty cool.
                teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

Thanks guys, it will pass by a few local players now, and one Vox fanatic as well
                  Let's see what they have to add, I hope that it will be ok.

Comment

I like it a lot, it has a chime which is very distinctive. You gotta run it with some Brian May like clips. I am looking forward to hearing more, this is gonna be a very cool pedal... When is the Hiwatt coming out?
                    ]
                    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Thanks
                      What about a Selmer pedal

Comment

Working...
                      X