Fane speaker/Peavey Classic 30 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fane speaker/Peavey Classic 30 combo

I have been wondering what exactly a Peavey Classic 30 combo with a Fane speaker would sound like...? And what type of Fane was in the Hiwatt cabs of the early 70's and where can one get one?

WHOFAN

Re: Fane speaker/Peavey Classic 30 combo

They are cast frame, ceramic magnet (pretty large), pretty large voice coil and the ones that came in a HiWatt cab from that time period had a purple sticker on the back that said "HiWatt" made by Fane.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

reeves amps makes a replica of the howatt fanes. sadly, they arent allowed to sell them except in their amps.

germ
      Jeremy Ledford
      Tone Guru Extroardinaire
      Tone Shop

Comment

Originally posted by lastwinj
        reeves amps makes a replica of the howatt fanes. sadly, they arent allowed to sell them except in their amps.

germ

Well that sucks.... I was thinking of hitting Reeves up when i have the money for the Speaker... And getting anything from the new Hiwatt in Canada is hard as hell!

WHOFAN

Comment

maybe i should hit up a band i know that is sponcered by the Hiwatt company in the UK.... maybe thru their guitarist he could set me up with a Fane when i'm ready to buy...

Comment

Working...
          X