JeffB...........Marshall 5210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffB...........Marshall 5210

I got this amp that I mentioned in another thread. Now that it's on its way, anything I should be aware of or pointers? I'll have to get a footswitch since it didn't come with one, a channel/reverb or is reverb not footswitchable? Thanks.

Gibson LP Traditional Plus - 57 classics
    Gibson LP Studio - Suhr Aldrich/490r
    Fender American Tele
    Epi 57 LP Jr. reissue - SD SP90-2
    Vox VT 60
    Vox AD30 Valvetronix

Re: JeffB...........Marshall 5210

I'm not Jeff, but I can tell you this, the reverb is footswitchable. It says this right in the specs in the listing:

Channel and Reverb switching
    Remote double footswitched, single pole switching to earth. (footswitch not included).

You just need a two button footswitch.

Comment

Thanks Erik, I did catch that, after I posted of course. I'm starting to slip in my "old age".
      Fender American Tele
      Vox VT 60
      Vox AD30 Valvetronix

Comment

Erik gotcha the correct answer there, thanks bro

As for any tips?

CRANK THAT BEEATCH

I do remember liking to back off the onboard gain a bit and then goosing it with my TubeScreamer...smoothed it out a little.

Also a little bit in the way of a subtle delay effect helps to thicken it up and also smooth it out a bit.

Great amp for what it is..be sure to post some clips!
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

yep, that's my next step, couple of pedals. Been looking at TS, a delay and maybe eventually a chorus. Since I've had the Valvetronix, it will be my first venture into pedals, so I'll be looking to try a few different ones out and looking for reviews before I take the splash.

Thanks Jeff, and Erik.
          Fender American Tele
          Vox VT 60
          Vox AD30 Valvetronix

Comment

Sorry to bump this from the depths, but I got this old beater a couple days ago and it is an awesome piece. I know you tube guys are snickering right about now, but for sittin' on my ass in the living room this thing is very nice. The clean isn't great, I'll keep the Valvetronix for when I want to go Fender or Vox tones, but I'm very pleased with this. It's in better shape than I expected, the reverb knob is a little scratchy when you turn it, but that's an easy fix for even a noob like me. It does sound like a Marshall even though it is a SS and the Celestion seems to be a good speaker still even several years old. I swear, I'm running my PRS Tremonti (SE mind you, I'm not rich) with a Super Distortion in the bridge through it and I had to check the mirror to make sure I didn't have the "space man" paint on my face. It does that 70's-80's classic Marshall tone nicely.
            Fender American Tele
            Vox VT 60
            Vox AD30 Valvetronix

Comment

Working...
            X