banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more BS pro grade wireless...what one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more BS pro grade wireless...what one??

i've tried a few wireless systems from $300 - $700 and each one had a plus and a flaw. i'm thinking of getting a real deal "pro grade" wireless that i will have no problems with picking up static from cell phones and TVs etc and most of all no tone suck (or very minimal). so, where do i look? what ones?

thanks.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Re: No more BS pro grade wireless...what one??

I have an AKG WMS60 that costs $800. It's very good.
    Shure has a custom wireless system they make as well, which I think runs for about $1k for each instrument you want to use. It's a cage system that gets fit into a rack and is used by touring bands, Broadway production houses, etc etc.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

do you ever have any problems with your AKG and picking up noise from cell phones or anything? i had a fairly high end senheizer and even it would make odd sounds when a cell phone in the same room rang. drove me nuts so i sold it. also do you notice any tone suck or a thinner low end with it? i also ran into that with one wireless where it seemed to suck a bit of the low end out of the guitar for some odd reason. thanks for the info!!

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

No, I've never had any problems whatsoever with the AKG. It's bullet proof, and it also has 15 channels, so the odds of finding a clear one are pretty high. Most importantly, it also has 3 frequencies that will work in Europe.

There is a bit of added brightness from going RF. I've been able to compensate for this thru my amp's EQ, tho.

Bottom line is that wireless will never sound as good as a cable. But it's so liberating!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

bringing this back to life since i can't find that model anywhere used or new. anyone know any other good wireless setups?

-Mike
          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Have you ever tried the Shure UHF Guitarist? It's about $300, fixed frequency.

I've been using it for a long time now, and I've never had a problem with interference. The tone from it is pretty good. Definitely a huge bang for the buck.
            thereveling.com

Comment

i'll check that one out for sure (hehehe). actually i was just looking at a shure...don't remember the model now DOH!!

-Mike
              www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

George L cabels. What the hel are YOU going to do with a wireless system. Are ya doin' to much dancin while your palying!!!! LOL
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

lol thanks Dave. i tend to wander and move around alot when i play. more than once i have been tangled in my cabel LOL.

-Mike
                  www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
                  X