Ibanez Soundtank Pedals...any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Soundtank Pedals...any good?

I'm looking at getting a chorus pedal, and funds are pretty tight. I'm watching an Ibanez Soundtank Chorus, which ends in a couple of hours. Anybody use them and are they any good? I'm looking to team a chorus with the Line 6 Echo Park pedal when Santa calls this year, and put them in the FX loop of my Marshall.
    Any and all comments greatly received.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: Ibanez Soundtank Pedals...any good?

Some get very good sounds out of them, and they are easy to mod if you like that aspect too
    I have used the delay from time to time, very funky and low-fi
    But the jacks are terrible, mind them as they are badly made.

Comment

That's my worry with any plastic cased pedals. It's no good sounding great if it's going to fall apart after a couple of gigs.

Comment

I have a Soundtank delay (DL5 I think), though I use a Boss DD-3 now instead.

The Soundtank has a nice warm almost analog quality to it that I actually preferred over the Boss. However, when I put it in the effects loop it turned my sound to mud when bypassed. Had to run it in front of the amp. When the DC In socket stopped working I gave up on it and switched to the Boss.

Comment

I might just hang on, if things go right, I'll have approx £120 to spend on the pedals. I definately want the Echo Park, so might see what sort of price I can get that for and spend the rest on a chorus. I quite liked the Marshall Supervibe, but it's been a while since I tried it.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. I bought the Soundtank used as a cheap alternative to a DD-3, then ended up buying a DD-3 anyway.

Comment

Yeah, it does seem like false economy. Trouble is, you know what it's like when you gotta get something. I'm going to have to grit my teeth and wait. It'll be worth it in the end!

Comment

The switches tend to crap out after awhile too.

MJ
                EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Comment

build quality on those is flimsy. switches die out and if you step on them too hard the foot switch can break of realy fast. it's all plastic

Comment

Working...
                  X