• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    I predict you will be deaf by the end of the year

happy new stack day
    I've been deaf for years now ha ha.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I love the sound of a half stack, don't get me wrong. That pant leg rattle is classic. It's just that a full stack rattles your shirt too.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't you just sell a dsl? Was it the same version or the newest one? I'm always a bit confused sorry lol.

Comment

V30's and others are 3dB louder than Greenbacks... So a 100W with Greenbacks produces the same amount of sound that a 50W with V30's... Sensitivity is the term in the spec sheets of Celestions.

I love Greenbacks but don't have a half stack full of them... I wish I had enough space to get one.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

pic's video or it didn't happen.

Comment

Wouldn't two half stacks be a full stack? Guitar math is so unconventional.

I have a 1960B with Greenbacks and a 1960A witth V30s and they sound about the same level. The V30 has more mids, so it punches the ear a little more directly. But they are both satisfactorily loud and blend well.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                Didn't you just sell a dsl? Was it the same version or the newest one? I'm always a bit confused sorry lol.
                Yes I sold it to my other guitarist. No worries, I have swapped so many lately I even get confused.

I actually only wanted to buy the cabinet, but the guy was moving out of state had to sell it all... And I figured nothing wrong 'with having another Marshall around... It was the same model. This one is much newer, but the one I sold was dead mint.
                Last edited by 80's_Metal; 07-29-2020, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                  pic's video or it didn't happen.
                  I put my oldest boy in ear muffs and made him come shoot a "super scientific" video real quick for you ha ha!

Comment

Likes^^^ to both those posts. I hate how they have the likes setup now where it sends notifications. So far though it's my only gripe with the new forum format.

Kudos on the new video sizing deal. makes for less scrolling to scan down a page.
                    Last edited by dave74; 07-30-2020, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post

I put my oldest boy in ear muffs and made him come shoot a "super scientific" video real quick for you ha ha!

Yeah the GBs sound a bit "flubby" as I like to describe them at higher volumes. The other cab is way tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
                        the 100H was made to capture the classic marshall superlead sounds-clean and dirty WITH channel switching. Some Marshall purists frown upon them but I think they sound great. Gary Moore used them...like here

Gary Moore is using a JCM2000 DSL in that video, while the DSL 100H is the reissued version made in China. AFAIK the concerns were rather the newer ones would be built to the same quality standard.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Is the 100h different than the 100hr...what does the r stand for?

Can you get a good clean with every channel sharing the eq? Looking hard at the new head.

Comment

New DSL 100HR has 2 master volumes, 2 reverbs (one for each channel), a different voicing (less mids), more impedance options for cabs and external bias points.

I don't ever use cleans, so I'm not the one to answer that question.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                              New DSL 100h and a 1960ax cab with greenbacks.
                              was really interested in these speakers, haven't used them much before.
                              *drool*

Comment

Working...
                              X