Anybody heard of Mezzabarba Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody heard of Mezzabarba Amps?

Never heard of them until last week and there was a used little 18 watt 1/12 combo sitting in the used section at my local Guitar Center. Was breathtaking on the clean tones and just floored me. Best clean amp in this size and power range I have ever played EVER! Almost bought the amp on the spot and am stunned I had never heard of these amps before. All the guys who work there were blown away by the little rig but know nothing about these so??
    Was one of these
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Sure. Mrs. Smith is an endorser.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I thought your search had ended with the Zinky. Then I thought your search had ended with one or both PRS. I'm surprised to see it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
        I thought your search had ended with the Zinky. Then I thought your search had ended with one or both PRS. I'm surprised to see it continue.
        Ha!
        Does the search ever really end though?

Comment

Wow!!

That’s sounded great in the live band setting.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
            Wasn't looking just dropped by the GC to see several friends who work there. The little amp blindsided me. . Know nothing about these amps and was shell shocked I was so small and sounded so good. No loop and a single channel amp so for me would not get played out a lot but man that TONE!!
            Zinky won't leave or the 2 PRS amps and also my Boogie Subway Rocket so pretty happy with my set up as of now.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
              Wow!!

That’s sounded great in the live band setting.
              Think that was good check THIS out!!
              Guitars

Comment

I like Lance's guitar more.

Comment

Yes.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	b8e32529baf44e8bbab155c94b19b6a5.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	6006150

Comment

Yep that sounds awesome, and yes, I have heard of them. They don't come cheap, but, Ms Smith, need I say more.

Comment

I have seen the Ola vid as well as a few others before that one. They sound good to my ears but the market is really saturated with amps right now so it's hard to really hear a tone that differentiates them enough to justify the price tag with so many other brands like KSR, Omega, Dover, Diamond, Revv, Armored, Friedman, Ceriatone, Diezel, the list just goes on and on....

Comment

Originally posted by deathbytinnitus View Post
                        I have seen the Ola vid as well as a few others before that one. They sound good to my ears but the market is really saturated with amps right now so it's hard to really hear a tone that differentiates them enough to justify the price tag with so many other brands like KSR, Omega, Dover, Diamond, Revv, Armored, Friedman, Ceriatone, Diezel, the list just goes on and on....
                        Saw that video and I agree. It was the cleans on the little 18 that got me. Best by far I have ever encountered in a tiny amp like that and far better than ANY Fender I ever heard or have owned and that was the shocker.. It wasn't volume but the tone and the fullness and richness of it. It really filled that room and rivaled some thing like a Zinky designed CS Fender Vibro King but was light and tiny. Was just a jaw dropper!
                        Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                          Yep that sounds awesome, and yes, I have heard of them. They don't come cheap, but, Ms Smith, need I say more.

Not a big fan to much hype and not enough real player IMO there are a LOT better real Demos of that amp out there.
                          Here is a really good one. This shows the full capability of the amp and they are very good . You are talking at $ $k for the Trinity as being in the the same price range here as a real SLO though so really hard to justify as can get a PRS head that would rival it at 1/2 the $.
                          Guitars

Comment

I know them very well. My guitar teacher is endorser and I live only 50 minutes from their factory. Great amps so far. Expensive for sure but fantastic. The trinity 50w is the amp I prefer the most.

TRINITY 50W $4099 Export €3599 Europe BUY The 50w version of Trinity is lighter and warmer than the old sister, perfect for those who want a great and portable 3 channel amp, all midi. Dedicated to Modern sounds, from crystal clear Clean, through a classic punchy Crunch, to High Gain Nirvana. The perfect combination of a Trinity 100W and a …

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
                              I know them very well. My guitar teacher is endorser and I live only 50 minutes from their factory. Great amps so far. Expensive for sure but fantastic. The trinity 50w is the amp I prefer the most.

TRINITY 50W $4099 Export €3599 Europe BUY The 50w version of Trinity is lighter and warmer than the old sister, perfect for those who want a great and portable 3 channel amp, all midi. Dedicated to Modern sounds, from crystal clear Clean, through a classic punchy Crunch, to High Gain Nirvana. The perfect combination of a Trinity 100W and a …
                              Marco Sfogli?

Comment

Working...
                              X