Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie_Snow
    replied
    ManoWars are brighter, seem more present and don't seem as scooped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m3fYmCeJK0 This video gives some idea...

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied
    I'm actually leaning towards k100 and manowars.

i like sizzle for the most part, unless it gets crazy.

Thinking the k100 will be a touch darker and the manowars brighter, might sound good together.

I'm thinking the k100 will be similar to my T-75'S but different enough, and the manowars will be a touch brighter than the V30'S.... Anyone think that's right or wrong? One thing for certain, it'll get loud af!

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    K/V like in the David Laboga cabs. This is a good representation IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie_Snow
    replied
    Not a fan of the Man O War, has too much high end sizzle which I wasn't a fan of. But V30s and metal you cant go wrong

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied
    Might want to look at the WGS Retro 30 or the ET 60. I found the Vet 30 to be VERY dark and dull sounding but really like the Retro and the ET for high gain stuff. Also the Celestian Creamback 65 and the G12 H 30's are very nice.
    Clip from this morning of my Purple Carvin DC 127 through the PRS MT 15 pushing a Fender 2 /12 miced loaded with WGS Retro 30's.
    Last edited by Ascension; 08-02-2020, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied
    Seems like the swamp thangs are too dark.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Why don't you just go back to the Texas Heat/Swamp Thang combination?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    started a topic Speaker guys, talk to me

Speaker guys, talk to me

Just got my hands on a 1960ax. Loaded with 25w greenback reissues. Sounds good, but! A little flubby at high volume chugga chugga.

I'm considering swapping speakers out.

In my other cab I have V30'S and G12 T-75'S. I love that combo. It's my favorite. But I am thinking of going a bit different tonal direction. I like grit and not too dark!

I've listened to 30 videos today comparing speaker after speaker on YouTube etc.
    I have really liked the eminence man o war, the wgs reaper, and the celestion KT 100 so far.

I have experience with Texas heat, swamp thang, wgs veterans, and previously listed celestions, and other celestions.

Here is a sample of the music I play for your reference:

I'm ok to mix the cabinet, but no further than 2 pairs. Also needs to be higher wattage rather than lower. Just my thoughts.

What are your suggestions?
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 08-02-2020, 05:43 PM.
Working...
X