My JCM900 should arrive today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My JCM900 should arrive today!!

Yes......isn't it great?!! Spend $$ only to spend more $$. Welcome to being a gearhead!

Comment

Don't worry bro, take it one step at a time. In the end you'll have tone to die for. Get the amp taken care of so you can at least play through it. Who knows, the pickups you have now may sound better or be what you want afterwards. With the Gain Sensitivity and Preamp Volume on full, you probably don't need an overdrive right way. Doesn't hurt though.

Comment

ok so what tubes should i buy and why? i know some have been suggested already but why? I play mostly metal if that helps
        Michael Kelly Patriot Black w/Rockfield Fat Ass set
        Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic
        Dunlop Jazz III and Ultex Picks

Comment

Gain and Tone. V1 is the most important tube in your chain. that's the first small tube, farthest from the power tubes. That one has the most impact on overall tone and gain. The new Tung Sol has plenty of nice tight gain and sounds really good. Chinese and EH's also have nice tight crunch. Sovtek LPS is nice as well. If you put crappy tubes in your amp, it will not sound very good. Period. Don't run it through crappy speakers either.

Comment

so i need 2 el34 valves and 2 12AX7 valves and 1 12X7 valve. correct???

can i use any brand? can i fit them myself or so i need to take them in to a professional?
            Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic

Comment

Originally posted by SepultuRick
              so i need 2 el34 valves and 2 12AX7 valves and 1 12X7 valve. correct???

can i use any brand? can i fit them myself or so i need to take them in to a professional?
              It's 3 12ax7 tubes and for el-34's I heard JJs, Svetlana, and Sovteks are good. The 12ax7's are pre-amp tubes, these you can install on your own. The power tubes need to be brought to amp tech to bias and install. Biasing just means setting the current going through the tubes, this part requires you go inside the amp where the wiring is and is really dangerous to play around. Also check the vault section a pre-amp tubes for high gain are recommended there.
              Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
              Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
              Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
              Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
              Fender Frontman 15g
              Cry Baby
              Boss DS-2
              Boss CE-3
              Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Originally posted by greendy123
                It's 3 12ax7 tubes and for el-34's I heard JJs, Svetlana, and Sovteks are good. The 12ax7's are pre-amp tubes, these you can install on your own. The power tubes need to be brought to amp tech to bias and install. Biasing just means setting the current going through the tubes, this part requires you go inside the amp where the wiring is and is really dangerous to play around. Also check the vault section a pre-amp tubes for high gain are recommended there.

I have the 50 watt combo which i think uses jus tthe 2 el34 tubes
                Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic

Comment

Working...
                X