What Do You Use To Elevate Your 2x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Use To Elevate Your 2x12?

I am looking for a solution to keep my new 2X12 off the ground. I want something durable and sturdy. What do you use?

Also, do you prefer to stack your tube head on top of your 2X12 or do you put it off to the side somewhere when you elevate it?
    Soundcloud

You could turn it vertical, install feet on the "down" side, and most heads will either sit on or the feet will straddle it, in which case just fold a medium towel up so the head won't slide or accept vibrations.

Correct answer is; Get another 212 to go under the first, then the head is perfect level. Get one with different speakers IMO.
    Last edited by dave74; 08-09-2020, 01:26 AM.

Comment

My two options have been:
      -Vertical 2x12
      -Put it on another 2x12

Sounds like dave74 and I are on the same page.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I use a combo stage stand for my 2x12, works great! https://www.amazon.com/Stage-RS7000-.../dp/B0002GY7MO
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
          I use a combo stage stand for my 2x12, works great! https://www.amazon.com/Stage-RS7000-.../dp/B0002GY7MO
          Although the vertical option is cool, I want this cab off the ground because I am going to use it in a lot of garage and basement jams. I do not want the cab on the floor of dirty garage spaces. Motor oil likes to leak in many garages, that does not mean I want it on my cab.

So, thank you TwilightOdyssey. I think this is perfect for what I want it for. Does it do an okay job of supporting the weight of the 2x12? Do you put your amp head on top of the 2x12 when you use this stand?
          Soundcloud

Comment

I use an Auralex Gramma iso pad. Other than a corner of the foam getting a bit chewed when one of my dogs was a puppy, it's held up well for a decade now.

My 2x12 is vertical, though, so you may need something bigger. I recall they made a GREAT Gramma as well...
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
              I use an Auralex Gramma iso pad. Other than a corner of the foam getting a bit chewed when one of my dogs was a puppy, it's held up well for a decade now.

My 2x12 is vertical, though, so you may need something bigger. I recall they made a GREAT Gramma as well...
              My Sweetwater rep suggested these as well. I am thinking about picking them up for my bass cabs, but I think I want my 2x12 higher up than that. Plus, will motor oil stain my Gramma?

Poor Gramma
              Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post

Although the vertical option is cool, I want this cab off the ground because I am going to use it in a lot of garage and basement jams. I do not want the cab on the floor of dirty garage spaces. Motor oil likes to leak in many garages, that does not mean I want it on my cab.

So, thank you TwilightOdyssey. I think this is perfect for what I want it for. Does it do an okay job of supporting the weight of the 2x12? Do you put your amp head on top of the 2x12 when you use this stand?
                Yes, it can hold both, depending on the size of your cab. It really improves the projection of the cab as well.

I also have a GRAMMA, it’s great if you have a cab or iso cab on the floor.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Yes, it can hold both, depending on the size of your cab. It really improves the projection of the cab as well.

I also have a GRAMMA, it’s great if you have a cab or iso cab on the floor.
                  Thanks! I really appreciate your help. For now, I will order the stand. I will order some GRAMMAs to check them out soon, but I want to see how this stand works for the 2x12. My 2x12 is 28x20x15, so pretty standard for the most part.
                  Soundcloud

Comment

I have Ernie Ball casters on mine to keep it off the ground. If I roll the cab through anything nasty the wheels pop off and I can clean them.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      I have Ernie Ball casters on mine to keep it off the ground. If I roll the cab through anything nasty the wheels pop off and I can clean them.
                      Well, my long term plans may or may not include an additional 2x12. If I have another one built, I will have casters installed on that one and stack this one on top. However, I am kinda leaning toward building two 4x12s wrapped in the blue snakeskin instead of another 2x12... so... more decisions.

For now, I ordered the amp stand. We will see how that goes but I am still open to all suggestions, so, keep them coming!
                      Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                        You could turn it vertical, install feet on the "down" side, and most heads will either sit on or the feet will straddle it, in which case just fold a medium towel up so the head won't slide or accept vibrations.
                        One thing I was curious about a vertical 2x12. Does that give you more horizontal coverage? It seems like it might work like a speaker array when it's vertical, albeit only having two speakers.

Comment

Meh, not really? But it does help raise the soundstage up nearer your waist than your ankles.

Originally posted by rbc View Post

One thing I was curious about a vertical 2x12. Does that give you more horizontal coverage? It seems like it might work like a speaker array when it's vertical, albeit only having two speakers.
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I have this stand as well. So far I haven't placed the head on top of the cab as my 100W Marshall is pretty heavy and I'm afraid it'd slide off due to the angle.
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

I have this stand as well. So far I haven't placed the head on top of the cab as my 100W Marshall is pretty heavy and I'm afraid it'd slide off due to the angle.
                              I do not blame you. That is a beast of a head. I only plan on using a H&K GM 40 with this particular setup, so, a little lighter to say the least! Thanks for the response!
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X