No announcement yet.

What Do You Use To Elevate Your 2x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my 2x12s is in a road case with locking casters. Takes more space, is much heavier, but does the job.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
      One of my 2x12s is in a road case with locking casters. Takes more space, is much heavier, but does the job.
      I have thought about this option. I am sure they make road cases is a size close to my cab, I just have not looked yet.
      Soundcloud

Comment

I used to tilt my cab back against a wall so it was pointing up. It did decouple the bass from the floor, and gave me a bit truer sound, even though it was still passing some of that through the wall - we're talking thin paneling overtop of drywall though.

Every once in awhile now I will put my 2x12 on its side so it's vertical, though I do not have feet or casters on the sides of my cab. For jamming with musicians earplugs in it sounds like a 4x12, but this works extremely well for recording. I liked to put two mics on the bottom speaker and then an SM57 off-axis on top, towards the edge of the cone as my "beef mic"

That stand looks like a great solution

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

• EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Wheel it right in on this, and leave it there for the duration of the gig. Wheel it out when done.

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies...ation/?id=8957

Click image for larger version

Name:	GetMedia.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	6008354
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post

I have thought about this option. I am sure they make road cases is a size close to my cab, I just have not looked yet.
            It's not the cheapest or most transportation friendly option, but It's damn near bulltproof. If you ever decide to go that way, Kent makes amazing stuff. https://www.kentcustom.com/Live_In_Cab_Case.html

Comment

It's not the cheapest or most transportation friendly option, but It's damn near bulltproof. If you ever decide to go that way, Kent makes amazing stuff. https://www.kentcustom.com/Live_In_Cab_Case.html
              Thank you very much. I am very interested because my main local gigging vehicle is a pickup truck. I would like to protect my cabs from grime in the truck bed. I will not need them until gigs start happening again, but I will need them.
              Soundcloud

Comment

Thank you very much. I am very interested because my main local gigging vehicle is a pickup truck. I would like to protect my cabs from grime in the truck bed. I will not need them until gigs start happening again, but I will need them.
                If you do get a road case, make sure you remove the feet from the cabinet when you put it in the case. The previous owner of my case didn't and it tore up the foam on the bottom of the case where the feet pushed back.

Comment

If you do get a road case, make sure you remove the feet from the cabinet when you put it in the case. The previous owner of my case didn't and it tore up the foam on the bottom of the case where the feet pushed back.
                  Thanks for the tip! Very good to know!
                  Soundcloud

Comment

Nothing, I need my cabinet on the floor!!!

I even removed the 4 little rubber feet that came on it!!!

Ideally I like to play with bare feet or in socks so I can really feel my guitar signal coming through the floor, as well as being able to hear it...

Because of what we play (Think Primus with two guitarists, one of whom play’s slide though a cranked 5E3 Deluxe 80% of the time) & the basic fact that we have two guitar players in my band, it’s sometimes hard to cut through the mix. Especially in certain places in some of the songs we play!

Being able to feel my signal is a great way to stay on course while my bass player is accosting his five string....

I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I use the road case I store it in, take out the amp, place the road case cover back on, and strap the amp to the top.

Comment

Not for playing out, but in my music room my 2x12 is on a frame of 2x4's on top of a coffee table.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Although the vertical option is cool, I want this cab off the ground because I am going to use it in a lot of garage and basement jams. I do not want the cab on the floor of dirty garage spaces. Motor oil likes to leak in many garages, that does not mean I want it on my cab.

So, thank you TwilightOdyssey. I think this is perfect for what I want it for. Does it do an okay job of supporting the weight of the 2x12? Do you put your amp head on top of the 2x12 when you use this stand?
                          Casters! A classic choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X