Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Video) Marshall JCM800 20W (SC20) My "Official" Demo LOL

Hi there.

Just recorded this one. Great amp, classic tones!
    Used my Isobox + Celestion Creamback65 + SM57 + e906.
    Some parts I used a boost (as indicated in the video)
    Some reverb from reaper!
    \o/

Click image for larger version

Name:	1000x-1.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	6008473

Name:	HendrixAmpSmash.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	6008474

Sounds like its missing 80 watts.

For the life of me i don't understand the appeal of the 1w/5w/10w ect thing.

Guess i just grew up in the golden age of amps.
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-10-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Yeah...

I just cranked my Blackstar 20 watter, and it's not really loud enough :/...

I wish I had saved the money to buy the 40 watt, or even a 100 watt model.

Playing silently in a livingroom with acoustic guitars, is one thing-

but really getting loud and cranked, is another...

Oh well. I can only play loud when my neighbors aren't home-
      but 20 watts of (non treble-piercing) watts, aren't that loud. I'm sure I couldn't be heard over a drummer.

Thank lord it sounds great at quiet volumes aswell. .

-Erlend
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Sounds great, tasty playing. Well done, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Name:	1000x-1.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	6008473

Name:	HendrixAmpSmash.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	6008474

Sounds like its missing 80 watts.

For the life of me i don't understand the appeal of the 1w/5w/10w ect thing.

Guess i just grew up in the golden age of amps.
          Well...

If you had to live like me, in a wall-to-wall apartment with non-tolerant neighbors;

I'm sure you'd appreciate having some power amp breakup/compression on less-than-stage levels

-Erl
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post

Well...

If you had to live like me, in a wall-to-wall apartment with non-tolerant neighbors;

I'm sure you'd appreciate having some power amp breakup/compression on less-than-stage levels

-Erl
            Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif Views:	0 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	6008712

I managed a 3 story apartment building for 13 years & could play as i please IE full stack. My wife & I have been in our house now for 7 yrs and the dude next door has caused me grief for the last 2.5 yrs or so but i just spoke to the property owner & found out they lost their jobs & will be moving which is okay for the short term but we could get someone worse than the last one. My wife & I are looking for a new house for next spring so for now everything is cool. Id rather wait 3 weeks for the opportunity to play a 100 watt Marshall at volume than to play a 1 watt amp everyday. But i can play at low volume too so its not a deal breaker.

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-11-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I've owned several different 100 watt tube and solid state amps 1/2 and full stacks over the past couple + decades and down sized to a nice 20 watt tube amp and 2 1x12 cabs over a year ago and have absolutely no desire to turn back. I'm not missing a thing at all. My last 4x12 is living in the closet until the covid goes away and I can get rid of it.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback.
                In fact I can't play a 100W as it was supposed to be (loud) in my apartment. I wish I could, but no... And if I insist, I can get an administrative fine here. But for sure I will not move to a new place because of that. I love to play but it's not my main thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Rei View Post
                  Thank you all for the feedback.
                  In fact I can't play a 100W as it was supposed to be (loud) in my apartment. I wish I could, but no... And if I insist, I can get an administrative fine here. But for sure I will not move to a new place because of that. I love to play but it's not my main thing.

Your playing is good, just kidding around with you. Unfortunately most of the world doesn't like LOUD guitar anymore. The people next door were a young couple {30's} & didn't even listen to music which to me is weird.

Comment

20w is plenty for damn near everything i play, some sound guys give me a hard time if i crank it up. doesnt mean having a big four bottle amp isnt fun

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      20w is plenty for damn near everything i play, some sound guys give me a hard time if i crank it up. doesnt mean having a big four bottle amp isnt fun
                      As I might have said before-

I was shocked that my 20watt 1x12" Blackstar EL84 combo, wasn't louder than it is, cranked! :o

It has none of that "ear-piercing" treble, neither any mids that really stand out...

:/

Next time, (if there is a next time) I'll buy a bigger amp! .

-Erl

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                        Next time, (if there is a next time) I'll buy a bigger amp! .
                        If there isn't a next time, you may not be in the right place here. I know I've had at least three last amp purchases.

Comment

Those are cool little amps. I like the Plexi version myself. These days, the big 100 watters are simply not necessary with today's sound reinforcement systems. Sure, they are fun to play through and I've had a 100 watt Marshall, a Peavey 5150 and played through JCM 800's and older Marshalls. There is nothing like playing through a full stack wide open. I felt my pant legs move....LOL. BUT, I don't have a need for an amp with that much power anymore, and my back appreciates that I have a 25 pound 1x10 30-watt combo that can keep up with a very loud drummer with ease. I've been told to turn down several times. If I was to get another amp setup in the lower wattage range, I would be taking a serious look at these Marshalls.

Comment

Sounds great....some of my fave amps are lunchboxes. Can't say I don't like cranking my 100W amps ..but I do it way less often these days (new PIA neighbours). ...sick of having the cops land up all day (& night) long.
                            "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Nicely done. Thumbs up.

Comment

Working...
                              X