• Show
Clear All

• Del Rei
    replied
    Thank you, guys!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• ColeJustesen
    replied
    Those are some incredible sounding videos! Thanks for sharing .

Cole

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    ..I think it sounds great! . A classic Marshall crunch. \m/

Leave a comment:

• Del Rei
    replied
    One more... It's never too much, is it?
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Del Rei
    replied
    One more recording... Using Captor attenuation (-20dB)

Some fast recording testing the cranked JCM800 20W (SC20H) attenuated using Two Notes Captor.Gear:Gibson Les PaulMarshall JCM800 SC20HIsobox Roxstage (Randal...

Leave a comment:

• Del Rei
    replied
    Thank you all, guys.
    When I got my first big cabinet, it didn't fit in my car, LOL

I'm really happy with these lunchboxes. I think they sounds good and not so heavy to carry on. Yeah, they does NOT sound like those big 100W, but for sure they're not supposed to.
    Today my biggest amp is a Friedman Smallbox 50W, and that's my limit for size and weight...

Leave a comment:

• chrisplaysmusic
    replied
    Nicely done. Thumbs up.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    Sounds great....some of my fave amps are lunchboxes. Can't say I don't like cranking my 100W amps ..but I do it way less often these days (new PIA neighbours). ...sick of having the cops land up all day (& night) long.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    Those are cool little amps. I like the Plexi version myself. These days, the big 100 watters are simply not necessary with today's sound reinforcement systems. Sure, they are fun to play through and I've had a 100 watt Marshall, a Peavey 5150 and played through JCM 800's and older Marshalls. There is nothing like playing through a full stack wide open. I felt my pant legs move....LOL. BUT, I don't have a need for an amp with that much power anymore, and my back appreciates that I have a 25 pound 1x10 30-watt combo that can keep up with a very loud drummer with ease. I've been told to turn down several times. If I was to get another amp setup in the lower wattage range, I would be taking a serious look at these Marshalls.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
    Next time, (if there is a next time) I'll buy a bigger amp! .
    If there isn't a next time, you may not be in the right place here. I know I've had at least three last amp purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    20w is plenty for damn near everything i play, some sound guys give me a hard time if i crank it up. doesnt mean having a big four bottle amp isnt fun
    As I might have said before-

I was shocked that my 20watt 1x12" Blackstar EL84 combo, wasn't louder than it is, cranked! :o

It has none of that "ear-piercing" treble, neither any mids that really stand out...

:/

Next time, (if there is a next time) I'll buy a bigger amp! .

-Erl

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    20w is plenty for damn near everything i play, some sound guys give me a hard time if i crank it up. doesnt mean having a big four bottle amp isnt fun

Leave a comment:

• JMP/HBE
    replied
    Originally posted by Del Rei View Post
    Thank you all for the feedback.
    In fact I can't play a 100W as it was supposed to be (loud) in my apartment. I wish I could, but no... And if I insist, I can get an administrative fine here. But for sure I will not move to a new place because of that. I love to play but it's not my main thing.

Your playing is good, just kidding around with you. Unfortunately most of the world doesn't like LOUD guitar anymore. The people next door were a young couple {30's} & didn't even listen to music which to me is weird.

Leave a comment:

• Del Rei
    replied
    Thank you all for the feedback.
    In fact I can't play a 100W as it was supposed to be (loud) in my apartment. I wish I could, but no... And if I insist, I can get an administrative fine here. But for sure I will not move to a new place because of that. I love to play but it's not my main thing.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. 80's
    replied
    I've owned several different 100 watt tube and solid state amps 1/2 and full stacks over the past couple + decades and down sized to a nice 20 watt tube amp and 2 1x12 cabs over a year ago and have absolutely no desire to turn back. I'm not missing a thing at all. My last 4x12 is living in the closet until the covid goes away and I can get rid of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X