NAD: 1989 Fender The Twin Limited Edition White Snakeskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: 1989 Fender The Twin Limited Edition White Snakeskin

To simply say "it is LOUD"...is truly an understatement. Cleans/Reverb are nice and there are enough Push:Pull Knob features for Notch/Cut/Boost features as well as a High/Low Output that give it a lot of tonal flexibility on the Gain Channel. Dialed in some cool tones with it last night. Similar feel to the Rivera R100 Hundred Duo Twelve as far as the control parameters yet very different tones. May swap a pair of Jensen C12N speakers into it and see how that changes the sound.

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 08-11-2020, 11:48 AM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Lets hear it !

Comment

I never tried one of these. I always thought having the effects loop on the front was an interesting decision. How does it compare to a traditional Twin?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i had one of these as my main amp for years, albeit not in fancy dress. it was a great, super loud amp. i eventually swapped the speakers to vintage 30s cause it was the 90s and they were the rage. i did like them though. clean channel is great, not quite bf but still very much a fender type clean. the dirt channel is better than most give it credit for. its not marshally but its capable. the rivera has a much more marshally dirty tone on one channel.

thats not the fx loop. there are two normal inputs and you can run both channels at once with the other two. the fx loop is on the back as usual

Comment

Wow! That looks so badass!
          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            i had one of these as my main amp for years, albeit not in fancy dress. it was a great, super loud amp. i eventually swapped the speakers to vintage 30s cause it was the 90s and they were the rage. i did like them though. clean channel is great, not quite bf but still very much a fender type clean. the dirt channel is better than most give it credit for. its not marshally but its capable. the rivera has a much more marshally dirty tone on one channel.

thats not the fx loop. there are two normal inputs and you can run both channels at once with the other two. the fx loop is on the back as usual
            Oh cool, good to know! I am guessing these Twins don't yet command the high prices yet.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks folks. No; the Red Knob Twins are pretty much overlooked so they run about $450-$500 with the ‘89 Limited Edition White Snakeskin and Red Cobra tolex models being a bit higher priced.

Jeremy provided a nice description and, as he also stated, the inputs are for normal and blending the channels with the ability to cascade gain and volume between the two. Really quite a versatile tube amp.
              Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 08-14-2020, 10:45 AM.
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
              1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
              Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
              Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X