Microphonic guitar cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphonic guitar cable

I didn't know what part of the forum this should be in so...what can cause a high quality guitar patch cord to get microphonic?

i have two cords that are the same make, model and length. One of them is fine but the other one picks up a local Christian radio station.

Now, these cables are very pricey and well known. So I'm not too impressed. What cables do you recommend for quality and durability?

Have a Monster cable that is extreme on this. Sounds great as long as you are not moving around but is so microphonic through a high gain amp its crazy! Drop it you can hear it hit through the speakers and when you drag it across the floor you also hear it.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Can you take apart the end and see which wire is crossed up

The shield should be the ground
      Not the hot

If that's crossed up it could be sending radio back as signal
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I opened up the ends of the cable but it's all enclosed by a thick plastic seal shroud.

Comment

That's shrink tubing
          you can split it to see the solder connection
          Be neat about it and it all gets covered by the metal part
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
          X