banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAD: Positive Grid Spark

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I played one for the first time a week ago. I was able to spend a fair amount of time with it but I couldn't find many sounds I cared for. I also played a Vox MV50 AC through it's little 8" cab and it sounded amazing.

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm very pleased with my Fender Mustang LT25. Stupid value for a buck-fifty.
      I am either a thirtysomething actress or a small farm animal.

      Comment


      • #18
        I moved mine to my Tiny House, where it pulls double duty as a Bluetooth boombox.
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

        https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
          I moved mine to my Tiny House, where it pulls double duty as a Bluetooth boombox.
          I like doing that with my Blackstar Fly-3 and stereo extension cab. It is especially nice for running the audio from YouTube videos. We definitely have cooler toys than when I started playing.
          I am either a thirtysomething actress or a small farm animal.

          Comment


          • #20
            You know, I don't see that people actually hold on to these things. Or is it that they get them and never mention them again?

            I think I'd get one of the Yamaha TRX's.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              You know, I don't see that people actually hold on to these things. Or is it that they get them and never mention them again?

              I think I'd get one of the Yamaha TRX's.
              ?


              It seems like the major options are the Spark (on sale through tomorrow), the Yamaha THR (mk II wireless has a ton of cool features), Boss Katana (probably the Air) and maybe the Fender?

              From what I’ve watched the Boss and Yamaha seem to sound better than the Spark. I guess all those accompaniment features could easily be done on and app and bluetoothed over.

              It would be really cool if the Boss Katana Air and Waza Air played together. Right now they are two completely separate and expensive options.

              Heck, the Fractal FM3 and HX Stomp are an option ​​​​​​too, i could use anything from headphones through the rack power amp.

              and rather than make a decision I’m still here practicing through a Vox Amplug that sounds like a fuzzed out doom band no matter what.
              Oh no.....


              Oh Yeah!

              Comment


              • #22
                I have a friend with the Yamaha - sound is amazing for small amp.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Preordered and still have it, but go off.

                  I said what I said, back when I said it. You need me to check in every so often? "Hey guys, just letting you know... this thing is still what I said it was."

                  Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  You know, I don't see that people actually hold on to these things. Or is it that they get them and never mention them again?
                  Last edited by St_Genesius; 07-04-2021, 05:18 PM.
                  ---------------------------
                  The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

                  https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    For as much as the bigger Katanas kick the crap out of their competition, the Air doesn't do it for me. On pure "sounds good" I'd put the Adio at the top of the heap, even now. Below that, the Yamaha.

                    The Spark doesn't hang on the strength of its patches, but its features.

                    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

                    It seems like the major options are the Spark (on sale through tomorrow), the Yamaha THR (mk II wireless has a ton of cool features), Boss Katana (probably the Air) and maybe the Fender?

                    From what I’ve watched the Boss and Yamaha seem to sound better than the Spark. I guess all those accompaniment features could easily be done on and app and bluetoothed over.

                    It would be really cool if the Boss Katana Air and Waza Air played together. Right now they are two completely separate and expensive options.

                    Heck, the Fractal FM3 and HX Stomp are an option ​​​​​​too, i could use anything from headphones through the rack power amp.

                    and rather than make a decision I’m still here practicing through a Vox Amplug that sounds like a fuzzed out doom band no matter what.
                    ---------------------------
                    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

                    https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I ordered the white Pearl version, and got it within 2 weeks surprisingly…

                      Sound quality and features, I prefer it over my Boss GT1000 with Headrush FRFR speakers- which all cost about $1200 more- and a much more user friendly interface .

                      Soundwise I I prefer it over my Yamaha THR10

                      Still doesn’t beat my Mesa Mark V , but is an amazing living room/ bedroom practice option with the tone cloud

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X