Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmh151
    replied
    I ordered the white Pearl version, and got it within 2 weeks surprisingly…

Sound quality and features, I prefer it over my Boss GT1000 with Headrush FRFR speakers- which all cost about $1200 more- and a much more user friendly interface .

Soundwise I I prefer it over my Yamaha THR10

Still doesn’t beat my Mesa Mark V , but is an amazing living room/ bedroom practice option with the tone cloud

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    For as much as the bigger Katanas kick the crap out of their competition, the Air doesn't do it for me. On pure "sounds good" I'd put the Adio at the top of the heap, even now. Below that, the Yamaha.

The Spark doesn't hang on the strength of its patches, but its features.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

It seems like the major options are the Spark (on sale through tomorrow), the Yamaha THR (mk II wireless has a ton of cool features), Boss Katana (probably the Air) and maybe the Fender?

From what I’ve watched the Boss and Yamaha seem to sound better than the Spark. I guess all those accompaniment features could easily be done on and app and bluetoothed over.

It would be really cool if the Boss Katana Air and Waza Air played together. Right now they are two completely separate and expensive options.

Heck, the Fractal FM3 and HX Stomp are an option ​​​​​​too, i could use anything from headphones through the rack power amp.

and rather than make a decision I’m still here practicing through a Vox Amplug that sounds like a fuzzed out doom band no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    Preordered and still have it, but go off.

I said what I said, back when I said it. You need me to check in every so often? "Hey guys, just letting you know... this thing is still what I said it was."

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    You know, I don't see that people actually hold on to these things. Or is it that they get them and never mention them again?
    Last edited by St_Genesius; 07-04-2021, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I have a friend with the Yamaha - sound is amazing for small amp.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    You know, I don't see that people actually hold on to these things. Or is it that they get them and never mention them again?

I think I'd get one of the Yamaha TRX's.
    ?

It seems like the major options are the Spark (on sale through tomorrow), the Yamaha THR (mk II wireless has a ton of cool features), Boss Katana (probably the Air) and maybe the Fender?

From what I’ve watched the Boss and Yamaha seem to sound better than the Spark. I guess all those accompaniment features could easily be done on and app and bluetoothed over.

It would be really cool if the Boss Katana Air and Waza Air played together. Right now they are two completely separate and expensive options.

Heck, the Fractal FM3 and HX Stomp are an option ​​​​​​too, i could use anything from headphones through the rack power amp.

and rather than make a decision I’m still here practicing through a Vox Amplug that sounds like a fuzzed out doom band no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

I think I'd get one of the Yamaha TRX's.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    I moved mine to my Tiny House, where it pulls double duty as a Bluetooth boombox.

Leave a comment:

• richard parker
    replied
    I played one for the first time a week ago. I was able to spend a fair amount of time with it but I couldn't find many sounds I cared for. I also played a Vox MV50 AC through it's little 8" cab and it sounded amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    I bought one a while back and took it to my vacation house. It is still in its original packing box but I will use it next time I am there. It's a pretty cool little set-up and very much worth its price IMO.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    So… it’s been almost a year, is everyone still using theirs? I need a simple but decent sounding practice amp, and this looks great.

Can someone fill me in on the backing track comments above?

Leave a comment:

• jimman
    replied
    I just ordered one as well with their labor day 10% off. It seems like a lot of features at the price. Cant wait it to come in.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    From Positive Grid. I guess that was a preorder price and now they've gone up? I got an email from them yesterday that said you can use the promo code "REFER40" and get $40 off whatever they are now. I feel like a shill sharing that, but I swear that a) I have no connection to the company and b) I'm not getting anything if you use that code.

BTW, I meant to come back and amend my review of its bass capabilities: I tried it first with my Gretsch bass, which has low output humbuckers in it and it wasn't very impressive: there was a lot of self-noise in the amp when I turned it up, even with no added distortion. I tried it a couple of day ago with my active bass and it's WORLDS better. It just needs a strong signal to overcome the noise floor. It's actually kinda kickass with that bass.

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post

Where’d you find it for $225?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalSix
    replied
    Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
    Yeah, the Trio is a very good touchstone for the capabilities in the generated-accompaniment realm. That's pretty much exactly how good the Spark is at it. Nothing new, but still nice to have built in. I wouldn't mind a looper function, but for $225, this thing is already overflowing.

I think, as far as these types of amps go, I still like the sound of my Vox Adio more, but it was both a little more expensive and doesn't have most of the - actually cool and useful, imo - bells and whistles this thing does (plus a completely USELESS app) so on balance, I think this is probably the best home practice/noodling amp on the market.

Where’d you find it for $225?

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalSix
    replied
    I’m glad to read this, I have been very curious about these things.

I have young kids, so I don't leave my guitar amp out in the open so it doesn't get damaged, having a desktop gizmo that sounds pretty good is very appealing.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    I suspect you may be right, as my parts sit VERY well in the mixes with the jam-along tracks, and even pretty well when I'm playing along with full songs from YouTube, though there, of course, I'm essentially doubling an existing part, so it's a fine line between being buried and being overpowering.

I will say that direct usb recording is NOT something the Adio excels at. I had mine set up for a while to record into Logic, then playback through nearfield monitors and man... I don't know if the usb signal gets stripped of cabinet emulation or what, but it's bad.

Originally posted by Demanic;n601 2676
    That makes me think that it may record well.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X