Scored an original X-100 Scholz Rockman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored an original X-100 Scholz Rockman

Click image for larger version  Name:	Amplifier4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	6009873

All electrolytic caps have been replaced and the unit has been refurbished. My roomate got one in 1982 and ive wanted one since then. This unit has the Rev 10 boards from 1984.
    The X-100 is not the same as the Dunlop Guitar Ace.
    Be here this week.
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-15-2020, 11:23 AM.

I inherited one from a friend but it was missing its battery cover. Of course like everything Scholz it also used a weird power adapter. I sold mine years ago.

Comment

Yes the power adapter is unique & difficult to find and after 38 years can cause induced hum from AC ripple. I have rechargable AA batteries that should do well til i can find one.

Comment

I used to have one of those. Left it in England as I recall.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Just bought a Scholz power soak too, wanted one of those forever also. Got a great price. I have a THD Hotplate [16 ohm] and need an 8 ohm as well but Hot Plate prices as ridiculous like $350+.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lot0787.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	6009954

Comment

I had one of the rockman boxes back in the mid 90s
            my nephew borrowed it

He breaks everything
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I still have my old Powersoak. Used it throughout the 80s & early 90s; it held up well through thousands of gigs.
              Works great on the loudest couple of notches, soaking up a bit of stage level. Never got it to sound good with a lot of reduction though.
              Of course, that was using a beastly loud Boogie half stack. Might do better with a smaller amp.

I don't have my Rockman anymore. Nothing sounds quite like 'em.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

She's here, 2 day shipping. All Analog baby, sounds fantastic !

Extremely well made. Even the plastic composite shell is different than plastics of today.
                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-17-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Morning workout, now i can rehearse from 04:00 to 06:00 without dragging out a 1/2 stack & without bothering ANYBODY including the wifey and the sound quality of the Rockman is so good im not sacrificing tone. Its got just enough hair on the distortion & the clean is even better sounding than most tube amps.
                  Thanks Tom Scholz.
                  Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-18-2020, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Comment

I always remember mine sounding good, even though a crappy set of Walkman headphones. Glad to hear that it has stood the test and passed.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

First, that Vid of Tom in your first post, Looks like NASA mission control in his studio.. LOL I have one (two actually) and the rack unit. Neither of mine have the control on the back. ??? I love the tone of them and convenience. Id love to get more of the units, especially the power soak.. But finances prohibit these days..
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                          First, that Vid of Tom in your first post, Looks like NASA mission control in his studio.. LOL I have one (two actually) and the rack unit. Neither of mine have the control on the back. ??? I love the tone of them and convenience. Id love to get more of the units, especially the power soak.. But finances prohibit these days..
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	q2xyfncnoplgv6lvtnug.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	6010801

I only paid $160 shipped for my power soak but the average price was about $250 so i jumped on it.

Only took 40 years to get a discount ha !

Keep watching ebay & reverb deals to be had.
                          Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-19-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Scholz power soak is the shizzle. Works perfectly, better than my THD Hotplate that cost alot more & doesn't really degrade your tone as bad as some others.
                            I may snag another one.

Comment

Good to know! was going to ask how it actually works. I know the hotplates and some of the others can be steep. I have a super cheap no name thing I bought off of ebay. I was chaining 2 together. cool thing with my splawn is that I can run the loop as a master too. But, it doesnt work well if you do try to push alil more volume . But, Kinda the point huh?? haha
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X