Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender vs. Fender vs. Fender

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    In a sense, yes, it was a nightmare trying to level out the volumes on two different channels, now I can also max out the clean channel volume, and get some overdrive on that channel when I raise the master volume.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      does the twin have the boost and master volume? its still probably the best amp of the three even if it does but its heavy, and kinda obnoxiously so. i had a twin for a while and it became a drag hauling it if you move it a lot like i did. the twins of the later sf years dont sound like the older sf ones or the bf ones. they can still be good amps though.
      I believe a Twin Reverb (70's model at least) is +/- 32 kg.
      Compared to a 47kg, 2X12, Mesa Raod King combo, it is probably not all that heavy.

      I believe this specific silver face model had the Black Face mod done to it, that (according to the seller) is ''reversible'' back to the original sliver face, if need be.

      And yes, it does have the Master Volume knob on the far right, as well as a Mid's knob on the one channel. (unlike my '66 Bassman - with no mids knob)
      Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

      Comment


      • #18
        the mids knob is normal on the twin reverbs, bf or sf. you can bf any sf twin, the iron and speakers arent the same though, some just take more work than others. the hand wired nature of the amps make them very tweakable. and yeah, if youre used to a mesa roadking 2x12 combo, nothing is gonna be much heavier than that tank

        Comment


        • #19
          I have a 72 Silverface Quad and there is NOTHING ice picky about it. If I wanted to I guess I could dial it in that way but I have always had a dark heavy tone. The Twin will do what everything you ask and you can push it until ears bleed. Plus the reverb is legendary....so.


          | Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

          Comment


          • #20
            Twin with a MT-2 in front pushing an additional 4x12 closed cab with Texas Heat/Swamp Thangs in an x pattern...

            Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Securb View Post
              I have a 72 Silverface Quad and there is NOTHING ice picky about it.
              If I wanted to I guess I could dial it in that way but I have always had a dark heavy tone.
              The Twin will do what everything you ask and you can push it until ears bleed. Plus the reverb is legendary....so.
              W O W . . . now that is good news !

              Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

              Comment


              • #22
                The master volume on Silverface Twins is pretty ineffective so you'll be getting a big, heavy, SUPER CLEAN amp that you won't be able to turn up loud enough to get any natural overdrive from.

                Hand wired is a plus for sure. One reason those old Fenders are still alive and kickin' butt and literally lasting a lifetime.

                If that's what you're after get the Twin.

                That way you'll save money because won't need a gym membership to work out.

                Twins are the ultimate clean Fender. Great amps if clean is what you're after.
                Last edited by Lewguitar; 08-21-2020, 08:19 AM.
                “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

                Comment


                • #23
                  I;d love a Twin if I was up to carrying it. I am looking at the Tone Masters, though..a Twin at 36 lbs. I don't think I'd take on a silverface Twin at this point, even though it sounds amazing. I'd find myself not moving it from the spot in my house.
                  Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I;d love a Twin if I was up to carrying it. I am looking at the Tone Masters, though..a Twin at 36 lbs. I don't think I'd take on a silverface Twin at this point, even though it sounds amazing. I'd find myself not moving it from the spot in my house.
                    I have a Blackstar Artist 30 like Waddy Wachtel uses. 80 pounds. Terrific sounding amp that has never left my music room for just that reason.
                    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The Twin for the win. Easily repaired and modded, good basic clean tone, very reliable. Virtually every part of those amps can be found aftermarket. The MV is easily removed and even the UL models can be made to sound very good. That cannot be said for the other options.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Twin with a MT-2 in front pushing an additional 4x12 closed cab with Texas Heat/Swamp Thangs in an x pattern...


                        | Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

                          I have a Blackstar Artist 30 like Waddy Wachtel uses. 80 pounds. Terrific sounding amp that has never left my music room for just that reason.
                          Mmmmm, a 36.2kg combo can become a bit of a hassle
                          Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz II View Post

                            Mmmmm, a 36.2kg combo can become a bit of a hassle
                            Yes, it's heavy like an AC30 or Twin Reverb amp. Does sound very, very good though.
                            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Everybody knee jerk craps on MV Fenders. Doyle Bramhall II does ok with one.
                              "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And it’s the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                                Everybody knee jerk craps on MV Fenders. Doyle Bramhall II does ok with one.
                                Who?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X