banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want my Blackstar HT-20mkII to be brighter, less lows- speaker change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Animal View Post

If the stock speaker in his HT-20 sounds as a hollow as the Rocket 50, then a V30 type speaker will be a quite significant upgrade:

Yes, agreed.

Comment

Animal:

Whoa, that sure was a big difference between those speakers.

:o

But when I think about it,. I don't really want to swap a 100% functioning component, as I'm broke A/F the next 10 years.

So EQ pedal it is, a Joyo series with beautiful led lighted faders.

rock on \m/

-Erlend
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Double post
        Last edited by Erlend_G; 08-24-2020, 03:24 AM. Reason: DP
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post

If the stock speaker in his HT-20 sounds as a hollow as the Rocket 50, then a V30 type speaker will be a quite significant upgrade:

I liked the Rockit 50 better in this video. It has a more produced, smoother sound but seems to have more lower mids. When he starts soloing, you can hear how the V30 gets away from him, sounds shrill and icepicky. The 50 is better behaved.

The WGS V30 sounds like it was miked on the dust cap and the Rockit 50 near the edge. If you want more cut from the 50, move the mic in. Either could be made to sound like the other. The V30 is louder in the comparison.

The in room sound, you would just have to try both and see which you like more.
          Last edited by Top-L; 08-26-2020, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X