No announcement yet.

NGD: Custom Mauler 2X12 with H&K GrandMeister Deluxe 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got around to swapping the Swamp Thang out for the CRex today. I am about to put the back on the cab and fire up the H&K. The DMM says 7.2, so I think I did an okay job. Out with the old:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200829_203102.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	6013102
    Soundcloud

Comment

In with the new:

Name:	20200829_203118.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	6013104
      Soundcloud

Comment

Name:	20200829_203152.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	6013106
        Soundcloud

Comment

Name:	20200829_203137.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	6013109
          Soundcloud

Comment

What if you miss the Swamp Thang?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              What if you miss the Swamp Thang?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
              Haha, I am only a few hours into it and I already do not miss it. I have been using the CRex for almost a decade now. That is my sound now. I love it. I have a 1x12, a combo and a 2x12 with Crex speakers. I am thinking of having a full stack of two 4x12s made with them as well, but I would likely mix in some other speakers into 4x12s.
              Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                Really glad you're digging the tones the amp provides. I took the plunge when it was released, after considering the 36, but this one, from YT videos, seemed more on par with my kind of tone, and I needed a light, mid-powered, multichannel head.

Some find the H&K tones to be too clinical, with no character whatsoever. To me, the versatilty this head allows is its true character, allowing close-to-vintage clean and cruch tones up to modern high gain, in a fully featured, lightweight package.

Rock on, and good luck with the cab issues, really hope you find what you're looking for!
                I know that the tone may not have the depth of a Marshall or Mesa, or Orange... but it does have versatility. Plus, in some ways, it is up to the player to make the tone sound less clinical. Just like you said...the character comes out through the playing with the H&K.

I think that is what makes the H&K so special. It is a challenge while providing the player with a great toolbox to work with. As the saying goes, if you can't find the tool you need in this garage, you don't belong anywhere near a car. The same holds true with the H&K, if a player cannot find a tone that works with the H&K, maybe they need to spend more time playing?
                Soundcloud

Comment

Oh and I friggin' love the gig bag the H&K head comes with! Classy move!
                  Soundcloud

Comment

I just cannot sleep. I love playing this rig, even with the power soak set to 1 watt. My biggest complaint with the H&K? What's up with the lack of Android support? I do not own any Apple sh!t. I do not want Apple stuff. Do I really have to buy an iPad just for this?
                    Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                    X