Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New speakers day. It was a gamble.

And it was a win!

Got all 4 of these in today. 2 Eminence Man O Wars and 2 Celestion K-100s all in 16ohm.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200818_184543039_compress98.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	6010601
    ​​​​So I got the cordless and had at it! Sweaty miserable temps out there but I got it done.

Once it was all buttoned up I plugged into the TSL, cranked it up to 5 and ripped thru some riffs.

Fell in love with the tone immediately. I dare say it's a touch different voice than my beloved and favorite T-75 V30 combination.... And I may like it even better! Time with it will tell, but either way, it's light-years better than the greenbacks I yanked out!
    I was hoping the k100s would be similar but tighter T-75'S, and the manowars would be a brighter v30. I was right!
    I'll say that the v30s still cut through more than any other speaker I've ever heard, it's just what they do.

Here is a quick phone quality vid to give you a flavor sample.

ill tell you that I had the doors open to the garage and I saw neighbors walking out their front doors to see where the noise was coming from ha ha ha!
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 08-18-2020, 08:47 PM.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

12M-70' cut too.
    But glad that you are liking it. Just wait a few weeks until they break in.
    You might want to turn it up to 6 while you're doing so.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      12M-70' cut too.
      But glad that you are liking it. Just wait a few weeks until they break in.
      You might want to turn it up to 6 while you're doing so.

Ha ha I turned it up to 7 after closing the doors, the decibel meter read 130. . . I had a **** eating grin for sure.

Comment

So that's what that was.

Comment

Way to get'r' done! It will likely be labor day weekend before I get to mine, it's just a few back on my short-list and the other projects are relatively small too.

My favorite thing about the K is that solid percussive midrange and thumpy upper-bass. They are known for strong lows but they're not extended or subby at all.

I could have sworn people used to say the manowar was a t75-based model.? Isn't the gov more of a brighter v30ish emi?

Comment

From what I've read, people either love the manowars, or they hate em. Claiming they are too fizzy or shrill.

I've read a lot about what certain eminence speakers are celestions copies/clones/doppelgangers, and I think they are all just their own flavors. Ya sometimes some of them sound "like" celestions, but people just like to compare, and for many reasons it's nice to talk about it and help others form ideas and sell speakers too. But everyone has their own need and desired sound etc.
            I do like how eminence names their speakers though. Sounds pretty cool saying you have manowars or swamp thangs etc. Ha.
            Just my humble 2 cents on that.

To me these sound great together and I'm happy that I took the chance especially on the manowars
            I already knew the K-100s would be perfect. I understand that's all Mick Thompson will use.

If I listened to internet reviews and forumites from around the net, I'd only own a jcm800 , a Les Paul std and v30s .... you know what I mean.

They sound great for what I do, that's all I know or care about.
            Last edited by 80's_Metal; 08-19-2020, 06:41 AM.

Comment

So while everyone has heard a V30
              not everyone has heard the MoW
              How would you compare the two?
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                So while everyone has heard a V30
                not everyone has heard the MoW
                How would you compare the two?
                I'll try maybe this weekend to get some different sound samples recorded if y'all are interested. Better for you to hear it yourself. I can mic just the V30 and the Manowar similarly, or even stereo left right with the same amp etc.

​​​​​​Could be fun, I really like comparing tones and qualities and learning as much as I can.

Comment

I'm curious as well
                  but don't have either speaker

I have seen where the newer chinese v30 sounds slightly different from the british one
                  EHD

Comment

There's been a few v30 versions from the UK,,,,,but only one from china iirc.
                    In a huge cab the mesa version is best IMO. In a smaller cab the china and marshall versions work better because they're slightly more open in the highs. IMO. I have both.

An individually miced comparison vid would be awesome! manowar/v30/t75/k100 do it

Swamp and classic-lead 80 mix has always interested me too.
                    Last edited by dave74; 08-20-2020, 04:27 AM.

Comment

I put together a quick as possible sound byte comparison.
                      trying a new way to do it that we've been using to teach online classes. Well see how well it works after my Podunk hillbilly internet allows it to finally upload.

Comment

What? No satellite?

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          What? No satellite?

Ive called every provider we have, I have a big hill on one side, and huge trees all around... Nothing and nobody can help...I'm in a small town hole.... It's pretty slow upload.

Comment

Finally ha ha.
                            I did have to bump the volume of the T75 to match the others.
                            but zero effects or EQ, neutral out of the mixer as well.

Red - Celestion V30
                            Blue - Celestion G12 T-75
                            Green - Eminence Man O War
                            Purple - Celestion G12 K-100

Last edited by 80's_Metal; 08-20-2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Awesome
                              the MOW does sound a bit V30
                              Bit not a copy

Th K100 sounds bright and cutting
                              Loved that

Thanks
                              EHD

Comment

Working...
                              X