Looking for Custom Cab Builder: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Custom Cab Builder: Part II

I need a custom cab builder. I thought I found one, but my experience has been a nightmare to say the least. If you want to know what my experience with Mauler Cabs has been like, read this: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...ster-deluxe-40.

I need a pro. I need somebody capable of building a sealed and ported (tuned) 1x18 bass cab, a sealed non-ported 2x15 bass cab with a horn (Speakon), and eventually two 4x12 guitar cabs. All wrapped in this tolex: https://www.speakerbuildersupply.com...e-p/tpeb15.htm

I already have the speakers picked out, I do want the cab builder to install them. I hope I can trust them to put the speakers I request inside the cab, unlike Mauler Cabs.

The only cab builder I refuse to use right now is Mauler Cabs. I am open to any other suggestions. I have a brand new custom Orpheo bass coming around November. I want these bass cabs done before that bass gets here.
    Soundcloud

I told you about Tim at trmguitarcabs when you first started the other thread

What did he say?
    did you talk to him?
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      I told you about Tim at trmguitarcabs when you first started the other thread

What did he say?
      did you talk to him?
      I am going to google him now and send him a message. Thank you!
      Soundcloud

Comment

He got back to me, he said due to physical limitations, he no longer builds large bass cabs. So, I decided to start checking ebay. I found a cab builder who sells a lot of cabs with decent ratings, seller capajnr, and I decided to ask them if they will accept my request. They said yes. So, it might happen yet!

I can't decide between Ernie Ball casters on the bass cabs or just having custom road cases with wheels built for them. I am tempted to go with road cases...

Other than that, the ebay seller told me to pick two of their cab designs and tell them the speakers I want. So, I just finished doing that as I'm getting ready for bed. Another long day. I hope to hear back on the bass cabs tomorrow. I expect it to be expensive with that 18 inch neo Eminence driver in the mix, but, oh well. The bass from orpheo deserves a top-notch rig to back it up. My back deserves neo mag speakers. In the end, it's a win-win.
        Soundcloud

Comment

A little update, found a great custom cab builder! Ebay seller capajnr. I found him on Facebook as Group Pro Audio. He is already done with the first ported 1x12 bass cab featuring the Eminence Kappalite3012LF. The cab also has a tweeter via Speakon connection. Here is the photo he sent me as he is getting it ready for shipping:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.23.11 PM.png
Views:	140
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	6017453
          Soundcloud

Comment

Wow, that looks amazing! And crazy heavy!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have had great luck with Rocket Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Wow, that looks amazing! And crazy heavy!
                The shipping details shows 47 pounds for the whole shipment including packaging. I can deal with that for how good it looks! I just hope I chose the right woofer for tone...
                Soundcloud

Comment

47 lbs is not that bad. This is coming from a guy that plays a Les Paul and a Marshall half stack.

Comment

47lbs is a little heavier than a bag of mesquite charcoal. That's definitely not too bad.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post

The shipping details shows 47 pounds for the whole shipment including packaging. I can deal with that for how good it looks! I just hope I chose the right woofer for tone...
                      Whew! It looked more like 80lbs.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I am definitely happy with 47 pounds! It looks durable plus light enough to carry with one arm if I had to. I imagine the upcoming 1x18 and 2x15 will be a bit heavier.
                        Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Whew! It looked more like 80lbs.
                          With speaker it may be

My Carvin 2x10 combo is about that size
                          Its 85lbs
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

With speaker it may be

My Carvin 2x10 combo is about that size
                            Its 85lbs
                            It already has a speaker in it. A beast of a speaker at that: this one. So, the 47 lbs includes the speaker.
                            Soundcloud

Comment

Nice.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X