banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have the spiders not sounded like complete garbage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a spider with a cheap celestion 12" speaker about 15 years ago and it sounded great for a solid state amp. It was loud enough for bands too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
      The only amps that L6 made that were awesome were the flextone vetta & DT series. The spider series was meant for beginners & sounded boring to say the least.

Those days tech21 had the trademark series of amps I believe which were also good. Then came the Peavey Vypry Tube series & Fender Mustangs which were way better beginner amps because they sounded great.

Nowadays there's much wider choice of beginner gear available that's affordable & sounds inspiring.
      You forgot the best of the bunch, the duoverb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spidervalve

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

One of these days, I'm going to run the direct out from my Microcube into the effects return of my Randall. I'll be sure to record it for posterity.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
            Lately I have really been liking the Fender modeling amps. The Mustang LT25 is a champ for its size and price, and has a fantastic user interface. The Champion 100 XL is... a... champ... too... in a 100W 2x12 format with a simple dial for selecting the amp model. If I were giving lessons, I would probably use a Mustang LT25.
            The new Tone Master Deluxe and Twin are the 2 best amps Fender has come out with in years. All the processing power goes to modeling just 1 amp.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by TMD

So, they’re modelers that model just one amp? That seems like a wasted opportunity.
              I don’t understand it, to be honest. But I guess a Twin that doesn’t weigh 85lbs is pretty cool either way.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Not a modeling amp, but have been more than surprised with the Blackstar Fly combos, at roughly $100 bucks for the package a 2- 3inch speaker 6 watt combo with a delay that has some really surprisingly nice tone, wasn't super impressed with the OD channel, but I wasn't expecting even what it was, and if nothing else make for some great laptop speakers

Comment

FWIW, I don't think even the current versions of the Spider amps use Helix algorithms. Hell, I doubt they even use the POD HD series algorithms. At best, they're using the old POD XT models from like 2002.

Comment

Working...
                  X