Is an attenuator an electrical load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    And man, I miss those Bahama Mama's from Schmidt's in German Village.
    Since the pandemic hit and stores were closed for inside business, Schmidt's had a food truck run around. On Saturday's they park at the Ace Hardware I work at and bring in a good amount of business. I stopped at the truck one day to get dinner for the family, 4 brats and 6 creme puffs, $70! I heard the people in line 6'+ away whispering about it. It was good.
    LTD M-50 W/ AHB-1 Blackouts.
    Thinline W/GFS Classic II
    Soloist W/Duncan Detonator
    LP W/GFS Crunchy Pats
    Blackstar HT5-H.
    Custom 112 cab W/G12 75T.

Comment

You gotta try their German potato salad too, if you get a chance. I lived in Columbus for almost 30 years.

Comment

You gotta try their German potato salad too, if you get a chance. I lived in Columbus for almost 30 years.
        I’ve got to ask, what’s German potato salad? (Is it basically white vinegar and salt/pepper based?)
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's hard to describe. It's served warm and the potatoes are sliced rather than diced. And I think you're right about it being vinegar based, and it has bacon. You almost have to look up the recipe. There's one that comes in a can that's ok, when you don't have a good German restaurant around.

Comment

it uses sliced red potatoes and onion in a dressing similar to Italian salad dressing. Ive seen it with bacon bits and without.

Comment

Just a quick note on the THD hotplate, in the LOAD setting (silent) it provides enough impedance for the output transformer’s signal (8 Ohms for the purple model, 16 Ohms for the blue), but ANY of the other settings requires a speaker to be connected to provide the load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It's hard to describe. It's served warm and the potatoes are sliced rather than diced. And I think you're right about it being vinegar based, and it has bacon. You almost have to look up the recipe. There's one that comes in a can that's ok, when you don't have a good German restaurant around.
                Gotcha. My grandma made something similar, that’s why I ask. Hers was a little more simple.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                  Just a quick note on the THD hotplate, in the LOAD setting (silent) it provides enough impedance for the output transformer’s signal (8 Ohms for the purple model, 16 Ohms for the blue), but ANY of the other settings requires a speaker to be connected to provide the load.

Yes correct. Comes in very handy biasing my amps so i don't have to drag a cab around.

Plus the Hot Plate has a line out.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Yes correct. Comes in very handy biasing my amps so i don't have to drag a cab around.

Plus the Hot Plate has a line out.
                    I use the line out of my Hotplate for silent recording all the time - into Redwirez IRs, works like a charm!

Comment

Working...
                    X