banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond My Skill Level...............................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    So was there a list of what was wrong?
    Yes there was, but worded like suggestions for my next build. If I can find the email, I'll let you know what it said. My lead dress was horrible and I attempted to reflow most of the connections because my troubleshooting skills were lacking.

Comment

That's fair. We don't know what we need to work on unless someone with more experience can help us out. When building 1 of my pedals I had a small issue, and the forum for the pedal maker sorted it out quick (I transposed 2 capacitors because blue looked a whole lot like purple to me).
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242-2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	6019438 I removed the 12AY7 from V1 and installed an NOS GE 5814A to clean up channel 1 and removed the 12BH7 in the output. I then inserted a 12AU7 to 6SN7 adapter and installed an NOS 6SL7 for the output tube. Sounds amazing.

Comment

NEVERMIND! I replaced the 12BH7 because it seems to me that the 6SL7 doesn't have the same volume and punch as the previous. Probably because the adapter may have resistors in side causing the loss. Anyway, I'm back to using the 12BH7 in the output.

Comment

If it was my amp, I would leave everything exactly like it was when that video was made.

That thing sounds incredible!

Comment

I agree somewhat, but the clean channel wasn't so clean. I can always change the tubes back again and even with all NOS tubes.

Comment

it is a 1w amp, cant expect to get much clean headroom out of that

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  it is a 1w amp, cant expect to get much clean headroom out of that
                  Yes, but the amp has become more clean and useable tone for a 2 channel amp..

Comment

that preamp tube is a military 12au7 right? never tried one, but ive used 12au7 a bunch to seemingly do what you did softening the 1st gain stage

Comment

that preamp tube is a military 12au7 right? never tried one, but ive used 12au7 a bunch to seemingly do what you did softening the 1st gain stage
                      Yes sir.....works like a charm. Still have great gain on the dirty channel.

Comment

very cool. did you have that layin around or get it for this purpose?

Comment

very cool. did you have that layin around or get it for this purpose?
                          I do have a stash of assorted NOS tubes that have not ever been used.

Comment

Working...
                          X